Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Estevan, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla has signed a contract with the owners of the Estevan Market Mall to install a Supercharger at the location. Looks like there will be 8 stalls

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla has signed a contract with the owners of the Estevan Market Mall to install a Supercharger at the location. Looks like there will be 8 stalls

More interesting than this site itself (at least to me!) is that it implies intentions for additional supercharger sites to connect this site to one or more sites south of the border. The article mentions Minot, ND as a possibility - maybe also Williston and perhaps even other sites along US-2...

More interesting than this site itself (at least to me!) is that it implies intentions for additional supercharger sites to connect this site to one or more sites south of the border. The article mentions Minot, ND as a possibility - maybe also Williston and perhaps even other sites along US-2...
Clearly Minot, ND. That should be enough most of the time for travel east.

This is pretty interesting in that it is not on the Tesla "Find Us" map of operating and planned Supercharger sites. The other sites recently under construction in Western Canada, until this one, seem to have be on the map as proposed Superchargers. Mind you, an agreement with the landowner doesn't necessarily mean construction is imminent.

This is pretty interesting in that it is not on the Tesla "Find Us" map of operating and planned Supercharger sites. The other sites recently under construction in Western Canada, until this one, seem to have be on the map as proposed Superchargers. Mind you, an agreement with the landowner doesn't necessarily mean construction is imminent.

It may show up, if/when Tesla gets around to their "quarterly" update of the map...

I seem to recall the same thing happened when Davidson was found during construction in 2019. Also makes me wonder if they'll put one in Weyburn as well as well?

Reactions: flyingowl
I think Tesla has finished the primary task - building up the main cross-country routes, such as the Trans-Canada and I94. Now the trick is to fill in the extra points to make the whole of the sparse but populated areas like ND, Sask. and parts of Alberta and Manitoba reachable with superchargers.

maybe it's still wishful thinking with the Edmonton route and Icefields Parkway still unfinished, but Dauphin, Yorkton, Melfort, and the highway to Drumheller via Kindersley (as well as Minot and Williston) would put the majority of the prairies within driving distance - at least in summer.

maybe it's still wishful thinking with the Edmonton route and Icefields Parkway still unfinished, but Dauphin, Yorkton, Melfort, and the highway to Drumheller via Kindersley (as well as Minot and Williston) would put the majority of the prairies within driving distance - at least in summer.

The Ice field park way is do able with a long range MY/M3, not sure about with a standard range or standard range + models. My wife and I did the drive to Jasper from Edmonton with just a supper stop in Edson for a 45min piece of mind charge stop. We spent the weekend in Jasper and decided to take the long way home via the Park way, the car handled it with no problem, got to Canmore with lots of charge to spare.

Interesting - this site did not make it onto Tesla's updated "find us" map, despite lots of other supercharger sites being added this week. That might imply that Estevan isn't scheduled for completion until at least Q3 2022 (all of the newly added sites seem to have a target date of Q2 2022 or earlier). Of course, it they aren't building it later this summer or early fall, then waiting until the ground thaws again next summer makes sense!

I'm hoping the fast chargers in Willinston and Dickinson should more than make up for it. I'm moving to San Diego for the winter, we'll take our Model X with a small utility trailer, and this is the hiccup in the trip. The rest are just fast chargers after fast chargers.

Oh well. Barely any tesla's in SK. I understand if we are low priority.

I'm hoping the fast chargers in Willinston and Dickinson should more than make up for it. I'm moving to San Diego for the winter, we'll take our Model X with a small utility trailer, and this is the hiccup in the trip. The rest are just fast chargers after fast chargers.

Oh well. Barely any tesla's in SK. I understand if we are low priority.
Another option is to go through Maple Creek, SK and Great Falls, MT. It's about an hour longer, but you should be able to do it with all superchargers on that route as long as you do a long charge in Maple Creek. If you do go that way, be careful though, as the border crossing is very small and closes at 5pm.

Slightly longer still would be to go through Medicine Hat and then over to Interstate 15. The advantage here is it puts you at a 24 hour border crossing and then on I-15 the whole way to San Diego. The interstates are always better maintained during winter weather, so that could be helpful depending on the forecast.

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
Construction on this supercharger looks like it has just begun. I can confirm it’s located on the backside of the Estevan Market mall. I saw a trailer parked right next to the construction site with a company called Nixon Electric.
FB4FC059-7EFB-496B-818A-C83C8CEC6679.jpeg
66882506-08D8-4CAB-B30D-2F5EC64BB963.jpeg
B97E3673-59C7-4ECE-8141-B280BAEEA747.jpeg

Attachments

• 75645AA9-F5A6-41A9-9DF5-FB117DA5585C.jpeg
    75645AA9-F5A6-41A9-9DF5-FB117DA5585C.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 210