Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Etobicoke ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems I'm not alone in this assessment, but it may have been the cold weather. I'll check them out sometime.

I've done a lot of winter Supercharging on my Chicago trips and believe the cold weather is a big factor. Same sites I use in the summer are a lot more flexible. What I do is use two hands to sort of pull and shape the cable by bending it such that the wand will go straight into the port without putting sideways stress on it.

Could also be because it is brand new and the cables haven't been flexed and loosened up by users yet.

To me, no different than any other Supercharger in the cold.

• Helpful
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Might also be a perception thing since logically a lower powered charger (<2/3 the amperage as a full SC) should require a thinner more flexible cable.
are we even sure these are lower power yet? There was some suggestion that these are real deal superchargers in urban supercharger clothing. Not sure I've seen confirmation of that either way.

What's the theoretical max power, 70 or 72 kw?

I stopped by last night and I met @skhenry81 at this location and there’s were a handful of other S and X’s there checking out the new digs. My family decided to go into Sherway to walk around and I noticed they are adding a new Tesla store (in the newest area of the mall).

Pretty cool to see the continued expansion. I would imagine they may add some HPWC to the mall if Sherway is going to become like Yorkdale.

I stopped by last night and I met @skhenry81 at this location and there’s were a handful of other S and X’s there checking out the new digs. My family decided to go into Sherway to walk around and I noticed they are adding a new Tesla store (in the newest area of the mall).

Pretty cool to see the continued expansion. I would imagine they may add some HPWC to the mall if Sherway is going to become like Yorkdale.

Nice meeting you yesterday too @Struja love your car. Let me know how those rims turn out.

Charged there twice today. Impressive. 20 spots and about 6-8 teslas there most of the time.

Got a steady 72 kw power most of the time I was connected up until I got close to 'full'.

No wavering, just a steady 72 kw and 365-375 km/h charge speed.
Screenshot_20180318-144046.png

Screenshot_20180318-142849.png
Screenshot_20180318-180559.png

Hey everyone,

Can anyone confirm when Tesla will start charging money for these superchargers? I haven't kept up with any news regarding their plan to charge model 3 owners. Just wondering because this will have to be my go to chargers every week when I get the 3. My job and home don't accommodate EV charging. Please let me know if you heard anything. I'm thinking that if they will have a store here at Sherway, perhaps they'll entertain free supercharging for a while (here's to hoping anyway)

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Can anyone confirm when Tesla will start charging money for these superchargers? I haven't kept up with any news regarding their plan to charge model 3 owners. Just wondering because this will have to be my go to chargers every week when I get the 3. My job and home don't accommodate EV charging. Please let me know if you heard anything. I'm thinking that if they will have a store here at Sherway, perhaps they'll entertain free supercharging for a while (here's to hoping anyway)

Thanks!
immediately if you don't have free supercharging. They're already charging.

Hey everyone,

Thanks!
Based on what the "Tesla Model 3 Road Trip" guy (You You Xue) experienced while touring you're more than likely you'll be billed from the get go. Model S and X only get waived fees if they've managed to get a referral.

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Free L2 Charging at the IKEA 5 mins away. I think it only charges at a rate of 38km/hr though....

Reactions: Struja