Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eureka, CA (LIVE, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone visited recently to see if there is any construction? We're planning to go through Eureka in July and the trip will be much simpler with this one open by then...

I go by every two weeks when I am here for work. As of Friday night, no evidence of any progress. It is really getting frustrating. When I bought my Model S in 2014, Eureka and Crescent City were on their maps as sites to be completed by the end of that year.

Well, let's be hopeful but I am not certain there is any credibility to those claims, both Napa and Fremont #2 are over 200 days each and still not open. But progress, albeit slower than anticipated has been made at both sites in the past month or two.

RUMOR!! Unconfirmed report today from a Bayshore Mall business manager that work has begun on a 3 stall Tesla supercharger at the mall in Eureka. I will check it out in the next few days.
what?? I will drive by in a few hours and check!
3 stalls are unusual. Perhaps they are putting in 3 of the temporary units? So 6 stalls... If so, those can go in pretty quick if there is a sufficient power onsite already.
I think 3 would be enough up here. 2 SC cabinets so that if one went out the other would still work. Maybe there isn't enough power at this spot to handle more than 250kW at a time?

Reactions: Nevek
8 charger heads will be done by the end of July (next week or 2) will be waiting on PG& E for a end of July opening.
I guess I did see the construction last week but they were installing a new Mall sign which maybe Tesla paid for in agreement for the charging location?
Oh, spots are at the north mall main road entrance, across from Big 5 (not south side by Mc donald's)
very convenient in/out at this SC

1.jpg

2.jpg

Spoke with foreman and he said Crescent City by end of Sept!
all depending on weather, which has been AAAmaZing around here for years now & PG&E which has been ?able

Last edited:
Great photos, thanks! I feel exuberant for some unknown reason that these are going in. Tesla will be getting lots of Eureka exposure at that site. PS I plan to show off our model X at the Old Town Eureka car show on the 4th. Hope to see you there.
ah, so yours is the white X that 'everyone' is seeing around town! hmm wasn't planning on the show but I should, If I can park next to you.

Reactions: JimVandegriff
ah, so yours is the white X that 'everyone' is seeing around town! hmm wasn't planning on the show but I should, If I can park next to you.

What are the hours for the show? My Model S is at home in the Central Valley, but I am here through Monday. If things are quiet at work I might be able to take a break and wander that way for a bit.

I do look forward to having Supercharger availability here so that I can more conveniently drive up in the S. I have been debating getting rid of my ICE vehicle completely once that happens.

What are the hours for the show? My Model S is at home in the Central Valley, but I am here through Monday. If things are quiet at work I might be able to take a break and wander that way for a bit.
The Redwood Coast Energy Authority is organizing it. We are meeting anytime after 10 am at 2nd and H St. in Old Town Eureka (and will display in front of the Fish and Game Dept. or Smugs Pizza.) Event runs from 10-5 but there is no necessity to stay all day. We will be there by 10. Should be fun, so come on down!