Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eureka, CA (LIVE, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New use for the Eureka supercharger - I'm meeting a Tesla ranger there on Thursday. Usually they come to my house in Big Lagoon, but they need a strong cell tower signal to do the work they will be doing, and my house in Big Lagoon doesn't have that, so they will be meeting me at the supercharger, changing out a part, and doing a bit of key fob magic. I hope they get to drive a Tesla up.

Reactions: ProphetM
I might need to stop by and get advice on my sunroof. I haven't been able to use it since my last annual service without worrying about it. It makes a pretty harsh click when it closes and had been having sticky problems on occasion. I sure never have time to just 'stop by' a service center that is 250 miles away
PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call from the supercharger when they show up. We are scheduled for between noon and 1, but rangers are usually later to get here than their estimate. They are suggesting 2 hours for the work they need to do on my car, but I don't think it will take that long based on past experience.

This mall closes at 8pm on weekdays. I was fairly disappointed when I showed up at 8:20. I had just assumed that any mall would be open until 9pm. Anyways after hours, the only option for food and bathroom appears to be McDonald's and even that is a decent trek all the way across the parking lot.

Being open so few hours is definitely a huge strike against mall locations. In this case, the mall is open 10 out of 24 hours on weekdays and even less on Sunday.

• Informative
Reactions: JimVandegriff
Do you recommend lodging in Eureka where a Tesla would be safe overnight?
I agree with @PLUS EV. We've stayed in town and in the motel strip by the airport near Arcata. I will say that some of the downtown motels can have traffic noise issues since they tend to be situated along the highway. For quiet and pet-friendly lodgings, we now tend to stay in Trinidad and treat ourselves to supper at The Larrupin' Cafe.

Reactions: JimVandegriff
20210327_175246.jpg

Tesla is helping fix the crappy EA network?
While it's a new development at this particular location, it's not really a new program: Electrify America Adds Tesla Battery Storage To More Than 100 New Charging Stations - Electrify America NEWSROOM

• Informative
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
According to in-car supercharger status and ABRP - this location currently appears to be completely out of service. Anyone nearby able to comment on whether this is truly the case and what work is going on ? (I have a road trip that passes through here on Saturday Apr 17th and was depending on being able to charge at this location.)

Thanks

According to in-car supercharger status and ABRP - this location currently appears to be completely out of service. Anyone nearby able to comment on whether this is truly the case and what work is going on ? (I have a road trip that passes through here on Saturday Apr 17th and was depending on being able to charge at this location.)

Thanks
I was there Sunday and 2 chargers were broken but it was working. super busy recently!
currently my App shows 4/8 in use...live a couple of miles from it...I'll drive by later and add a post if it is down but I doubt it is.

Reactions: turok3000
I was there Sunday and 2 chargers were broken but it was working. super busy recently!
currently my App shows 4/8 in use...live a couple of miles from it...I'll drive by later and add a post if it is down but I doubt it is.
I appreciate the info, thanks! I rechecked from my car and it indeed is now showing available again (and so is ABRP). Guess it was either down for brief maintenance (perhaps fixing the broken chargers) or maybe a temporary problem with the communication of availability status.

Thankyou

I appreciate the info, thanks! I rechecked from my car and it indeed is now showing available again (and so is ABRP). Guess it was either down for brief maintenance (perhaps fixing the broken chargers) or maybe a temporary problem with the communication of availability status.

Thankyou
Brief maintenance would be my guess just going by the description of events.