Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eureka, CA (LIVE, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... I'm driving (S90D) from Lodi to Eureka tomorrow morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be able to Supercharge it before I have to head back Friday morning. Otherwise, it'll be the trickle charger Thursday night.

I'll post a status/pictures when I get to town.
We'll all look forward to it! OBTW, the Humboldt Unitarian Universalist Fellowship out in Bayside has a NEMA 14-50 outlet available 24/7. On Plugshare, it was still working fine in June. Might be worth taking a book for a few hours, depending on how much time you have to trickle.

9:15...not yet. I am tempted to remove the plastic sheeting covering the parking blocks and SC stalls ;)

12:15...lots of PG&E presence. Showed my car off to ~10 employees, most have never seen a Tesla in person.
they said that power will be on tonight. Sounded like it might be after the mall closes. After that I don't know when it will be turned on by Tesla. I'll be gone most of tomorrow but will stop by to charge in the evening for 5-10 min if it is open, I should be pretty empty when I get back up here.

• Love
Reactions: Scmbug and ProphetM
Well... I'm driving (S90D) from Lodi to Eureka tomorrow morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be able to Supercharge it before I have to head back Friday morning. Otherwise, it'll be the trickle charger Thursday night.

I'll post a status/pictures when I get to town.

Good to see another person from Lodi here. I spend two weekends a month in Eureka, so have been keeping a close eye on this supercharger. I haven't seen a 90D around town, but will probably be running into you at some point. I have the blue P85 with Harley and Grateful Dead stickers on the back window.

Good to see another person from Lodi here. I spend two weekends a month in Eureka, so have been keeping a close eye on this supercharger. I haven't seen a 90D around town, but will probably be running into you at some point. I have the blue P85 with Harley and Grateful Dead stickers on the back window.
Excellent. There are probably just a handful of Teslas in Eureka, but there are only 3 or 4 in Lodi.

I can confirm what Zextraterrestrial reported. Just spoke with the PG&E folks. (They clearly don't see many Teslas)

They reported they'll be finished tonight, and then it is their understanding that the local contractor will do their thing tomorrow.

Presuming no one screwed up, it'll be love by this time tomorrow. Good thing. Trickling just ain't my thing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 109
I can confirm what Zextraterrestrial reported. Just spoke with the PG&E folks. (They clearly don't see many Teslas)

They reported they'll be finished tonight, and then it is their understanding that the local contractor will do their thing tomorrow.

Presuming no one screwed up, it'll be love by this time tomorrow. Good thing. Trickling just ain't my thing.
I meant "live", but I guess it's still true... From a certain point of view...

I drove >500 miles, 2 SC charges and 1 car swap for my 4th annual. Hit 50k today on my car, returned with a +loaner and just 33 miles and the stalls are still covered in plastic. (Managed to use 213 rated from Ukiah)
I sooo want to remove the plastic!
All I saw on site was an folded down light plant, probably from last night.

We're driving that way today and were hoping to use it. We won't be in the area until later this evening, so still hoping they'll turn it on today!

Well I'm currently sitting at the Grants Pass SC in southern Oregon and it doesn't look like Eureka is online yet, so we can't cutover to 101. Sticking to boring I-5. We'll use the Eureka SC the next time we're this way! Thank you for all of the updates @Zextraterrestrial!!
so sad. 199 is awesome + much of 101(and Prairie Creek!) and all of the area south of Confusion Hill is freshly paved! I drove(flew?) through it at 6am on Wednesday. But there were 2 fires yesterday so you'd probably be glad that you didn't get to do 101

SC was still dark when I drove by yesterday afternoon - except the LED overhead lighting which has been on for a couple of days now.
I tried to contact servicehelp to ask but they have no answer as to the status. Just that it will be on the map when it is on..

Good news...coming on today! PG&E is a PITA to work with. Tesla tech fixing up the chargers, engineer/foreman w/ the smile...he even knew my TMC handle, hmm how did he figure that out? ;>
I've been informed Crescent City should be turned on much quicker once it is complete and it is going along very well.View attachment 190377
Awesome! Show us a pic of your car charging!

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial