Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eureka, CA (LIVE, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just heard that the city of Eureka received a permit request for Bayshore Mall ~3450 Broadway (next to devils playground...:tongue: fortunately I get lots of positive looks and thumbs up's from the local transient/ homeless, some of the best and most amazing reactions actually!)

Ok, on a serious note, I have to go to Eureka at times for work. Is this proposed location going to be safe? The last time, I took Highway 36 (gorgeous drive) from I-5 and stayed in Ferndale at a really neat place with a HPWC. But if we can get a Willits/Ukiah charger and this one, it opens up lots of options.

- K

3450 Broadway is the address for the McDonald's next to the Bayshore Mall - I don't see why it wouldn't be safe. Mall on one side, Best Western and Marie Callender's on the other.

Don't see why McDonald's is not safe? :tongue:

The area is reasonably safe but there are quite a few people who either choose to live 'off the land' or can not function in society that are residing in the area behind the mall known as Devil's Playground. It's not unsafe like EPA in the 80's (especially for someone as pale as me :eek:) and assuming the SC is near the McDonalds/Marie Calendars side vs the side behind Sears where I don't think anything is open at night then it should be fine. There are also some new businesses going into the one freestanding building near McD's, not sure what they will be yet, but maybe they will be open late.

Don't see why McDonald's is not safe? :tongue:

The area is reasonably safe but there are quite a few people who either choose to live 'off the land' or can not function in society that are residing in the area behind the mall known as Devil's Playground. It's not unsafe like EPA in the 80's (especially for someone as pale as me :eek:) and assuming the SC is near the McDonalds/Marie Calendars side vs the side behind Sears where I don't think anything is open at night then it should be fine. There are also some new businesses going into the one freestanding building near McD's, not sure what they will be yet, but maybe they will be open late.

Well the mall is a different address than the McDonald's, so if the permit address really is 3450 Broadway I would be very surprised if it ends up at the other end.

Maybe it's just because I'm used to living in Vegas, but I can't think of anywhere along the main drag in Eureka that I'd really consider unsafe. I would totally stop there by the McDonald's even if they don't put anything in behind it (the building behind the McDonald's was formerly a supermarket called Ray's Food Place, for those unfamiliar with the area). I only get up there about once a year since moving away from the north coast, but the Bayshore Mall was the only modern mall around when I lived up there (Eureka Mall already didn't count, LOL), and it was looking long in the tooth in the years since I left, with most of their anchors departing. There seemed to be more major churn than most malls and I am glad that Kohl's moved in to anchor the end where the McDonald's is. I remember when that separate building with the Ray's was all shiny and new.

That is what I heard & the address was just a close approximation not a real #. I was told 'at the mall', I haven't seen the permit but heard it was being reviewed so I assumed it went to the city.
Thank you. I have edited the thread title to reflect the fact that at this point we do not have unequivocal evidence that a Supercharger will be located in Eureka.
The map at Supercharger | Tesla Motors does not show a Supercharger as "coming soon" to the Eureka area. It does show one on the 2015 map, but given that there are now just 8 weeks remaining in 2015, and construction does not appear to have started, that seems unlikely to occur.

Thank you. I have edited the thread title to reflect the fact that at this point we do not have unequivocal evidence that a Supercharger will be located in Eureka.
The map at Supercharger | Tesla Motors does not show a Supercharger as "coming soon" to the Eureka area. It does show one on the 2015 map, but given that there are now just 8 weeks remaining in 2015, and construction does not appear to have started, that seems unlikely to occur.

Yeah, I am kind of disappointed that there still doesn't seem to be any action on the 101 corridor. Crescent City has now been on the map at supercharger.info for longer than any other site that hasn't begun construction yet - over 200 days. Maybe now that there are some rumblings for Eureka they will move in and get all 3 done in succession - Ukiah, Eureka and Crescent City.

As of today, the Eureka supercharger permit is under review! For information, go here and search for permit number B15-0852. The short description is "TESLA ELECTRICAL VEHICLE CHARGING STATION" and the address is 3300 Broadway. Interestingly, the Architect / Engineer is listed as Burns & McDonnell - I haven't seen them listed for a supercharger before, always Black & Veatch. The Building, Fire, and Planning reviews are all (theoretically) due Monday 11/30.

Attachments

• Eureka Permit.png
    Eureka Permit.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 200
Yes but to do those Northern California road trips on the 101 we need the Willits/Ukiah area Supercharger as well.

It would be nice especially for winter but I can do Eureka to Petaluma on 1 charge w/ 19"s driving just over the speed limit & SLI(Hopland) has the destination chargers for a quick stop if needed. To hit the coast and take hwy 1 up to Eureka then Willits /Ukiah is definitely needed. I really recommend the section of 1 north of Fort Bragg and hwy 36 if you like some twists!

- - - Updated - - -

Best driving in CA!!
And in a MS, couldn't be finer....
one of the reasons I live here, no traffic and twisty beautiful roads with (mostly) good pavement!