Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eureka, CA (LIVE, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're being told it'll be 4pm today. Yeah!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 119
Shortly after 4PM...bubbly
IMG_20160816_161335.jpg

My co-worker's wife beat me there apparently in the Brown S...Black car is the SC West coast tech's.
Sunny and 64. no one will ever need to worry about hitting this SC with too much heat to get a fast charge if needed
IMG_20160816_161313.jpg

Not shown on the map yet so I get a grey charge spot, wonder if it will stay when the SC is identified at that location?
IMG_20160816_162946.jpg

Shortly after 4PM...bubbly
View attachment 190409

My co-worker's wife beat me there apparently in the Brown S...Black car is the SC West coast tech's.
Sunny and 64. no one will ever need to worry about hitting this SC with too much heat to get a fast charge if needed
View attachment 190410
Not shown on the map yet so I get a grey charge spot, wonder if it will stay when the SC is identified at that location?View attachment 190411
Congratulations! There has been so much lead-up on this one it feels like you have given birth!

I'm looking forward to a Hwy 101 run when the route is completed.

Reactions: Scmbug
Hey all,

Went there today and took a video.

Guy that was charging up and just leaving left his key fob on the ground. Tried to catch up to him but hit all red lights and could not find him.

Went back and left a note on the ground to call him (if the wind does not blow it away and he actually comes back). Any thoughts on what to do if I do not hear from him? Does Tesla have a place to mail in lost key fobs??

Good news regarding the keyfob...

I called up Tesla tech support, asked if there was any ID on the keyfob, they said no.

Got yapping with the lady and one thing lead to another... she asked me if I knew the exact charge/pod station and about what time it was.

Was able to look at the video and photos I took... told her the time and the station number, and that it was a red car.

She was able to look up on her end and see the exact station, and based on the time I told her, and even the fact that it was a red car... and she was able to identify the car on her end. so, she asked if she could put me on hold, she called the car owner, and a short bit later, I delivered the keyfob to the owner.

The guy was from NC on a trip around the country. Thankfully he had a second keyfob that he was able to use. But anyway, owner united with keyfob!

She was able to look up on her end and see the exact station, and based on the time I told her, and even the fact that it was a red car... and she was able to identify the car on her end. so, she asked if she could put me on hold, she called the car owner, and a short bit later, I delivered the keyfob to the owner.

The guy was from NC on a trip around the country. Thankfully he had a second keyfob that he was able to use. But anyway, owner united with keyfob!
Nice work by Tesla support! Glad that worked out, what a nice story. Kudos to you for making the effort!

At work in Vacaville, all charged up and ready to head north this evening. Should have way more than enough range to get to Ukiah, where I will stop for dinner, then on to Eureka. It is good to finally be able to drive the Model S. Yes, I know that there are other charging options, but my work schedule while in town prevents me from taking advantage of any kind of slow charging. Working 16 hour days with an hour break for dinner prevents any 3-4 hour charge from being an option.

Received an email from Tesla today, excitedly announcing that the Eureka supercharger is now open. Since it's already been open for 3 weeks, maybe they wait a bit to make sure it's running smoothly first?

The late Mitch Hedberg might have said: "The supercharger is now open. It was open before now, but it's open now, too."

Reactions: Nevek