Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Euroa VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Just went to have a look at supercharge.info - it's already there! 167 Tarcombe St, Euroa.

Any idea why it is only temporary? Tesla upholding their promise to have the Melbourne to Sydney corridor done by end of 2015?

Presumably yes. Not a lot of point having Gundagai and Wodonga if there isn't one between Wodonga and Melbourne. I like the look of the location, 24hr Coles Express, 24hr McDonald's and a kebab joint apparently too. Who knows how long this one will remain there and where the permanent location will be though.

Interesting stopgap.

I guess we can expect a proper location somewhere in town sometime down the road, unless Tesla are willing to go back on their no-petrol station stops ideal. Sure it has facilities but I didn't think they liked truck stops.
Odd that they didn't put this in a month ago for the ski season, it is almost over now.

Interesting stopgap.

I guess we can expect a proper location somewhere in town sometime down the road, unless Tesla are willing to go back on their no-petrol station stops ideal. Sure it has facilities but I didn't think they liked truck stops.
Odd that they didn't put this in a month ago for the ski season, it is almost over now.

I know there is no real comparison and its a highway corridor for us, BUT, we will have a total of 7 Supercharger stations (35 stalls) in the very near future compared to JAPAN's 6 Supercharger stations (22 stalls).
We are similar to Austria just to add more confusion (~8 Superchargers & 32 stalls)
I think that's just great for us!

Why is it deemed temporary?

Last edited:
Interesting stopgap.

I made this location suggestion to Tesla about 3 or 4 months ago. It is a wiser choice than Seymour IMO
Regards, Greg.

I made this location suggestion to Tesla about 3 or 4 months ago. It is a wiser choice than Seymour IMO
Regards, Greg.

Yeah I raised it with them back about then as well, on the basis that it was closer to the half way point than Seymour. Not sure I still think it's a better option though, as Seymour potentially opens up more routes being on a major junction. Just happy there will be one somewhere when the rest of the Mel/Syd route is open anyway!

I know there is no real comparison and its a highway corridor for us, BUT, we will have a total of 7 Supercharger stations (35 stalls) in the very near future compared to JAPAN's 6 Supercharger stations (22 stalls).

Japan has CHAdeMO everywhere. We don't. (Except in WA)

image.jpeg

CHAdeMO locations in Japan :)

image.jpeg

CHAdeMO locations in Australia :-(

Apparently all Model S in Japan are delivered with the CHAdeMO adapter.

Last edited:
I think it is great that Tesla has put in a small supercharger station at Euroa. With only perhaps 500 Model S in Australia the number of cars that will be driving between capital cities this year is very small maybe a couple per day between Melbourne and Sydney if all the charging locations are complete.

It would serve Tesla better to have little ones like this done quickly and have the highway travel made possible, then later add more capacity and potentially more variety in locations along the main corridors as demand increased. How great would it be to have small twin charger superchargers quickly established all the way from Queensland to Adelaide by mid 2016 then go back to build out the capacity as demand ramped up. I also believe demand would increase faster with this strategy as more people would be attracted to buy Teslas sooner with the long range argument rebutted for more people.

I understand the cost per charger would be lower with 6 or 8 going in a single location. But finding locations with 8 car spaces, plus preparing the grid for the potential power draw if all are operating makes each large supercharging location more difficult to find and much slower to get approved and completed. I would much rather see three locations built quickly with two chargers, than one location built with 8.

I was there last night, stopped for a kebab in what is probably the best of the Victorian Hume Hwy servos and nearly fell off my seat when I saw it. It was only installed yesterday. Its located in the food area car park although the woman I spoke to their thought that it might be moved out to the truck car park - less chance of being ICEd. The charge cables were still cable tied to the frame so I couldn't use it but its a reasonable location really. The station is privately owned, it'll be interesting to see what sort of response they get from Shell now.
It certainly has better toilets, shop and food options that the Avenel truck stop.

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 11.12.52 am.png

From streetview it looks like it against the right side of the existing building where the two grey cars are parked behind what might be an ice fridge. With conduit coming down from the roof to the charger it is probably a very quick solution. I wonder how much power capacity it has given that it taps into the building supply infrastructure.

From streetview it looks like it against the right side of the existing building where the two grey cars are parked behind what might be an ice fridge. With conduit coming down from the roof to the charger it is probably a very quick solution. I wonder how much power capacity it has given that it taps into the building supply infrastructure.

I wonder if the petrol bowsers slow down when there are two Model S cars charging ;-)

Google maps seems to think it's only accessible from the southbound lane of the Hume and thus requires a long detour past it and a U-turn if you're coming up from Melbourne. Seems unlikely they'd pick such a spot so I assume google is wrong but can anyone confirm?

When you drop down to 'street view' there is a road link not shown on the airial view that allows normal access from Melbourne.

We are similar to Austria just to add more confusion (~8 Superchargers & 32 stalls)
I think that's just great for us!

Why is it deemed temporary?

Japan has the Shinkansen, we don't. Car travel is an option here between cities for trips where flying doesn't work (full car load?) but there isn't any real alternative, Japan probably has less of a driving holiday culture too.

I meant temporary as in it is a 'portable' supercharger on a platform, not an in-ground 'forever' supercharger. That could be the final location of a larger supercharging station in the future or it may move within the town or to another location, we don't know yet.

Good news for owners who ski, decent dump at Falls Creek and Hotham overnight, snow season might just last a few more weeks yet.

View attachment 95107

Yes, that's exactly where it is. You get to drive past all the iCE cars pouring flammable liquids into their cars and park at the start of the food stop parking

This is exciting news. Was really surprised about the route to Mt Buller from Melbourne being only 7 minutes longer (Google maps) going through Euroa rather than Tallarook. This makes weekend or even day snow trips in the P85D a real thing. 150km to Euroa, 110km to Mount Buller, one 15/30 minute stop in each direction for some supercharging and a leg stretch... this appears to be way more convenient than I was expecting. (and is also my first forum post... Hi all!)

Assuming this is a signal that Euroa is intended to be a permanent location, I'm glad I didn't make any bets with those who were suggesting Euroa in preference to Seymour :)

This also makes Bendigo a perfect location so far as spacing goes, when Tesla decide to expand in that direction.

This is exciting news. Was really surprised about the route to Mt Buller from Melbourne being only 7 minutes longer (Google maps) going through Euroa rather than Tallarook. This makes weekend or even day snow trips in the P85D a real thing. 150km to Euroa, 110km to Mount Buller, one 15/30 minute stop in each direction for some supercharging and a leg stretch... this appears to be way more convenient than I was expecting. (and is also my first forum post... Hi all!)

Congratulations on your first post and welcome. Do you have your car yet?

OK see from the spotted post that you do!

Last edited: