Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Euroa VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I suppose you are correct. If you are stopping for 30 to 40 minutes, a 5 minute detour off the freeway isn't going to make much of a difference.
And I also agree about the location better serving the other roads in the area.
It would also help the economy of Seymour as well, because as-is, most people now bypass it, either heading to Albury/Sydney, or Shepparton/Brisbane.
As for the ownership of the Avenel Caltex, I can't say who owns it. Most likely it is private, but could be corporate (maybe someone knows for sure) ?
GH
Definitely true about the economy. I’ve spent hundreds in Goulburn while charging. Would never have stopped there otherwise.

It looks like the service station supercharger has disappeared from the official map.

Does anyone want to check when they go past?

If it is going, then an ideal next step would be to ask the service station if they want to host a 50kW or 150kW DC fast charger there. It seems they have the capacity and the willingness to host...

It looks like the service station supercharger has disappeared from the official map.

Does anyone want to check when they go past?

If it is going, then an ideal next step would be to ask the service station if they want to host a 50kW or 150kW DC fast charger there. It seems they have the capacity and the willingness to host...

No, prefer to sit in a park at 1AM....

• Funny
Reactions: MrAustraliaTax
Hi everyone first time poster :) Starting to get pumped ordered my Tesla recently however I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is any future plans of a Supercharger station getting built in Shepparton,Victoria??? We have so many good location they can put one here

I know the one in Euroa However that is way out of my way and pointless to me.

Thank You.

that is way out of my way and pointless to me.

The more out of the way it is, the more useful it is! It's when you are a long way from home that you are more likely to need one. Why spend 1/2 an hour going to visit a supercharger in your own town when you could just take 10 seconds to plug it in every night?

Unlikely to see another one in a town so close to Euroa, but as an example Echuca might be a future "next one" in this region (note that this is pure speculation - Tesla has publicised their plans for new sites until the end of next year and there isn't anything in this region - but that's an example of the spacing they are looking at.)

Hi @Robstar Congrats on the purchase! I have family in Kyabram and am often in Shepp. A charger would be handy there, but not likely any time soon. Agree with Chuq that Echuca would be logical next spot, but could then only see a destination charger anyway. Not too many in Northern Vic at the stage, bit of a blackspot for public charging right now. I'm often doing long trips and can take some planning but Euroa can be handy even if it's out of the way if you need a fast charge.

I think you might be misunderstanding the purpose of superchargers @Robstar. They are intended for long distance travel not local charging and having one closer than 200km from your home would not normally be considered any sort of advantage since you would leave for a long distance trip fully charged already. Where you want them is that sort of distance away en route to desirable destinations for your first fast charge!

Reactions: bradjc
I concur with above responses @Robstar.

Don't forget, it's a totally different paradigm to a petrol/diesel car. Every day starts with a full 'tank'. You'll find you just never need fast charging near where you live. I'm about 20 minutes from a supercharger (Artarmon NSW) and never use it. If I leave home at 100% I'd still be 96% when I got there, and if I'm on the way home and I have 10% left I'd still rather just go straight home than sit at the charger.

On the other hand I've used Goulburn a dozen times, and Heatherbrae a few times too. Both about 200km away. I've even used Euroa a few times :)

Reactions: Mark E and bradjc
I had my Tesla a good 6 to 8 months before Ballarat had Superchargers and the only charging infrastructure was my house or Sovereign Hill (both maxing out at 7kw) - you'll have zero problems as the above two posts attest, you can easily get 100% charge overnight but eventually you'll just keep it around 50% and stop worrying.

Now that Ballarat has a supercharger though I almost feel obliged to use it just for PR purposes. I feel bad when day after day I check the in-car map to see the Ballarat Supercharger idle with no-one charging so I end up going out of my way to use it... I guess what I'm saying is having a local Supercharger can be a bit of a burden if you're a bit of an EVangelical ;)