Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Evanston WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: ThisIsTrue
I carry that one also. One other tool that should be carried is long nose pliers to remove nails. Some sort of mat or tarp to kneel on in messy conditions, as well as some gloves, would help. As does a flashlight if the compressor doesn't have one integrated into it.
Having spent far too many years holding a flashlight in my mouth to keep my hands free for work, I recommend a headlamp instead of a flashlight, LED preferred. Any REI will have a selection.

Reactions: MitchMitch
Having spent far too many years holding a flashlight in my mouth to keep my hands free for work, I recommend a headlamp instead of a flashlight, LED preferred. Any REI will have a selection.
Good suggestion. I keep my headlamp in my backpack, which goes everywhere I go, because I never know when I might have to bicycle home up steep mountain hairpins after dark.

Good suggestion. I keep my headlamp in my backpack, which goes everywhere I go, because I never know when I might have to bicycle home up steep mountain hairpins after dark.
I've got one in the car, one in the big backpack, and one that I carry in my day or fanny pack while riding at night for repairs (flats etc.). The bike's headlight is detachable from the handlebars so I could hold it in my mouth, but I just prefer the headlamp. I've managed to accumulate four headlamps over the years, upgrading whenever the batteries get smaller/lights get better and re-roleing them for less size/weight intensive duties as applicable. Owing to their long-shelf life, I typically use lithium batteries in the headlamp I keep in the car, alkaline or rechargeables in the one I use for riding, and either (solar) rechargeables or lithiums (plus lithium spares) in the one I use for backpacking and skiing. My first headlamp 30-odd years ago used a single lithium D Cell with a tungsten bulb, and the one I use now for backpacking etc. has multiple, brighter LEDs with variable brightness, multiple modes and uses either two or three AAAs (forget which, I won the thing in a lottery last year, replacing the one I'd bought just a couple of years previous), while lasting many times longer and being some small fraction of the original's weight.

Just a quick update... The hotel is no longer allowing Tesla supercharger users to use the restrooms or the wifi. Hotel guests can still use the restrooms and wifi.
What really? No restroom? They where always super nice to me and my family, we would buy a drink or snack most of the time. They would offer us the free tea and apple too. It's quite the walk to anywhere else with a bathroom.

They were really nice to me there too. Almost think this must be some sort of miscommunication or poorly executed Covid policy. I'm sure if you took it up the chain with Hilton Honors, you would see this corrected. There's no way they would want Tesla owners to have to pee in the bushes or whatever, and that's exactly what would happen given it's rather "remote" location within the city of Evanston.

I carry that one also. One other tool that should be carried is long nose pliers to remove nails. Some sort of mat or tarp to kneel on in messy conditions, as well as some gloves, would help. As does a flashlight if the compressor doesn't have one integrated into it.
Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'm going on a long road trip soon in the X and this is really the only thing I was a little worried about. I bought the plug kit and a set of long nose pliers.