Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Evergreen Park, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like everything is done and waiting for electric company to hook up their feed.
20190601_020648.jpg

10 stalls, 150kW (I only got ~95kW since my state of charge was ~30%).
And 30min general parking (but the lot is pretty big).

Attachments

• 2019-06-16 20.53.47.jpg
    2019-06-16 20.53.47.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 2019-06-16 20.53.54.jpg
    2019-06-16 20.53.54.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 2019-06-16 20.54.05.jpg
    2019-06-16 20.54.05.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 2019-06-16 20.54.17.jpg
    2019-06-16 20.54.17.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 2019-06-16 20.56.44.jpg
    2019-06-16 20.56.44.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: mociaf9 and Acps110
There is already an existing thread for this location, however the isn’t easy to get unless you find it from Supercharge Info. In the meanwhile, I’ll just put a link to the thread if anyone needs it: New Supercharger in Evergreen Park, IL

And that link now appears to be broken. I was trying to use it last night to get some details on this spot. Found it no problem, but didn't know if it was in a garage (and what floor) or whatever... You never know about Chicago chargers...

And that link now appears to be broken. I was trying to use it last night to get some details on this spot. Found it no problem, but didn't know if it was in a garage (and what floor) or whatever... You never know about Chicago chargers...
I also noticed that, when you added the location on supercharge.info, I just thought for a second this was a new SC no one knew about, then I checked supercharge.info, but the link was broken, and then I checked the post in which you called me out, and found there wasn’t anything new.

Anyway, the link is fixed.

Reactions: IT Geek
This is not that close to expressway. Just wondering how many Teslas on the South Side.
Definitely not very close to an expressway. I’m not usually that far east, but further west along 95th Street in the SW burbs I’ve seen a few, not including my own. They should put one on 95th just off of I-294, that would be convenient for locals and travelers alike.

OK, what's up with the disabled charge posts.

So the Chicago Tesla community needs to do it's best to put the chargers in their holders. If the chargers fall out or are dropped in snow right after charging the snow may get inside the plug. The plug is warm from charging so the snow may melt but due to the cold weather the melted snow will quickly freeze to an ice inside the plug!
Additional if you drive to a supercharger when the car is cold the car may take an hour before if gets warm to start charging.
Finally, if your car is dead your 12V battery will die as well especially in cold weather. This will further complicate issues. For example if you plug in an absolute dead Tesla into a level 2 charger it may not start the charge at all because the battery will not be warmed by the level 2 charger and the 12V may also inhibit charging.

It's important Tesla drivers (especially Uber drivers renting from Hertz) know how to operate their vehicles. The fact of the matter is we have people who don't understand these vehicles and others who are too inconsiderate or incompetent to return the plug to it's handle correctly. This was the perfect storm of an idiot population who were punished for their stupidity.

true that. Superchargers is much easier to re"holster" the charging cable. This has been on multiple news outlets TV stations they showed EA chargers and some people talking waiting in line. I always call it out as user error. example is people trying to charge their EV after the get up in the morning at hotels at -5 F and they expect to be done in 15 min vs charging when they arrive fully warmed up and preconditioned the night before where it will take 15 min to get to like 70% and take off next day with no concerns. FYI the new folks do no favors as are mostly not aware what questions to ask or how the process works.

Reactions: Bikeman and Aviadi