Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfax, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20190417-162754.png
Tangent... You're right...I hope.. It's on the list again...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190417-162754.png
    Screenshot_20190417-162754.png
    378.1 KB · Views: 251
Bumping for info on the Fairfax SuC location. It's still showing on the site. Still showing with a 2019 target date. They're running out of days.
Had anyone been to the location? Is there any building underway?

It was on Tesla website to open in 2018, too. Looks like that didnt happen. My opinion is to not hold your breath until you see "construction" indication on supercharge.info. The local crowd out there will sense the first effort to put shovel in the ground. I suspect Vienna WAWA is the next in Fairfax Co to come on line.

I was actually planning to post this tomorrow, but the Fairfax Supercharger (at least the one I found) will be at Fairfax Corner. There will be 12 stalls somewhere around the movie theater, if anyone wants to check out the area.

View attachment 728267

View attachment 728266
I scoped this area out this evening. I’d been here a couple of years ago, too. This is my hunch. It’s the best location in the parking lot and right where the main power enters the property. There is a 750 kVA transformer marked with the star and another about a 50 yards to the south.

9E9E07F6-74A7-400C-B9E2-AB7B7DC6890E.jpeg

73383C34-64C1-46E3-806D-6B474E4CB362.jpeg

07AF1AF4-19A3-44D9-972C-CE44EB2A4C7F.jpeg

86B12E7B-0D2B-4756-B9CB-EF2D49B3BC0F.jpeg

I was always surprised with a mall that has an environmentally conscious company like REI doesnt even have a slow charger. Glad to see that rectified with a SC -- but where are people going to plug in their VWs, Mach-Es, or whatever GM is bragging about ? Progress needed.

I was always surprised with a mall that has an environmentally conscious company like REI doesnt even have a slow charger. Glad to see that rectified with a SC -- but where are people going to plug in their VWs, Mach-Es, or whatever GM is bragging about ? Progress needed.
The last time I was at an REI (different one, but still), the line was so long that a L2 charger would be all you need. Well, the line plus all that camping stuff I need to browse even though I'm not actually planning to buy anything.

Where was I? Oh, yeah. L2 chargers would be of some use at REI, but you're right, fast chargers make more sense. So some urban superchargers and 50 kW EVgo ones would do for people shopping there. However, I suspect most of the use at this one will be I-66 traffic, so people will want a full-speed charger. Probably won't be EA; they have one right nearby on Jermantown Rd, it says here.

Reactions: YYZ-IAD