Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfield, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fairfield Northbound now open

Capture.JPG
Fairfield NB.JPG

Nice that it is showing. But several of the stalls are out....

Northbound all 12 stalls look like they are working.
Agreed and confirmed half are out on the southbound side. I spiked up to 170kW for a few seconds before ramping down. Tried 3 stalls and that was my highest. My guess is something isn't quite ready for primetime, between half the stalls and a very aggressive charge taper.

Still quite happy to avoid charging at Darien though, and hopefully they'll get this sorted

Was at the SB side earlier this morning. First stall I tried (3rd from the end) reached a peak of 170kW, then stopped charging after about 3 minutes. Two more attempts with the same stall resulted in charging stopping immediately after re-inserting.

I tried two more stalls. One was not powered at all (1st stall from the exit), the other (2nd from the end) immediately stopped charging after multiple attempts.

SoC was 22% and I was already on the road for some time—traveling from Boston.

Hope that helps.

I charged at NB on Wednesday. Second stall from the end worked great for about 15 minutes, peak 115 kW (Model S 70D so I think I'm capped at 120 kW), and then conked out. Fourth stall from the end didn't work at all, and fifth stall started and stopped several times. I ended up finishing my charge on the second stall from the entrance, which worked fine from around 25% to 80% SOC. I hope the NB chargers haven't been fully provisioned, because if that's what they consider to be "done" then yikes.

IMG_20191225_132738711.jpg

Southbound marked as temporary closure but 4 stalls are lighted up and at least 1 is working. I charged here today and got a max of 120kW on the 3rd stall from the left.

Attachments

• 16FF0D03-FFD7-43A7-A3C1-F63D4BDFD820.jpeg
    16FF0D03-FFD7-43A7-A3C1-F63D4BDFD820.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 63
Disappointed with this station. Last night the furthest 4 stalls did not work. I finally gave up and went to the third closest to the highway and only got 76 kW (was at 35% SOC).

I'm mostly disappointed with how many stalls were out rather than the low rate.

Unfortunately there was significant ICE’ing on northbound this morning even with the entire parking lot about 10% full. 3 ICE vehicles were blocking Tesla stalls.

I got up to 200kW on my LR3 starting at 13%, ambient temp of 32 degrees and 5 minutes of pre-conditioning. I was hoping to see closer to 250kW but the pre-conditioning didn’t seem to turn on early enough, usually it is between 10-20 miles out, in this case it started only 5 miles out.

I was there around 5pm last night (NB).

Came in at 9% SoC.

Tried one of the further stalls with no luck.

Settled on the 4th furthest stall.

Peaked at 196kW and held it until 50% SoC.

Went from 9-80% in 28 minutes. Not as good as advertised for V3, but still better than v2.

Nav routed me here on Monday night (SB side), only one charging, had warm battery And low SOC since driving from Boston but no preconditioning. it was 34 degrees out and raining. As noted earlier, 4 are taped off. tried all 4 stalled, kept hitting around 170 (M3 AWD) then stopping. Finally gave up and headed to Darien. Disappointed in my first V3 experience.

• Informative
Reactions: streetskooler
I wanted to test the NB chargers yesterday on our way from New Jersey to Boston even though the nav said reduced service, but we took the wrong lane in the entrance and found our selves in the truck parking area. Apparently the is no way to go back to the car parking area without driving against the direction of traffic.