Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfield, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder whose insurance is footing this bill?
Same as with any property damage, I'd imagine - initially can be either (if the injured party has an appropriate coverage in place, they can typically file with either their carrier or directly with the responsible party's carrier). But ultimately the claim will get subrogated to the insurance of the party found responsible.

Disclaimer: not intimately aware of CT insurance regulations, of which I am sure there are many.

Stopped by Fairfield NB today, there's significant construction around the superchargers: trenching, conduit, fencing up. The superchargers are accessible but only by lipping around the parking lot - the first two entrances, including the direct access to the superchargers from I95, are blocked with cones due to the trenching. Stall 4D (the pull-in stall) is also blocked with cones, although that looks to be sloppy placement rather than intent.

(Will upload pictures later)

Pictures from 7/24. Truck by trench, blocking main access to Superchargers

PXL_20220724_171353936.jpg

Trailer & excavator

PXL_20220724_171343226.jpg

Trench

PXL_20220724_171431615.jpg

Field of conduit, behind the superchargers. Tesla stalls fill the only parking near here, will cabinets go back here?

PXL_20220724_171412981.jpg

That's quite the conduit farm they have growing there! That's got to be where the cabinets will go with the conduit leading out to wherever the charging posts will be placed.

From the photos, I see this is the same company that pulled the permits for the DCFC work done at the Lexington, MA northbound rest stop supercharger site (for the DCFC work that has yet to grow it's charging posts) and for the future DCFC site in the Newton, MA southbound rest area that has yet to break ground.