Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfield, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
per Rich @ the Tesla Owners CT distribution list...

There are two supercharge sites under construction in Fairfield at both rest stops on both sides of I-95. These seem to be in prime location.

Attachments

• JPEG image.jpeg
    JPEG image.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 303
  • JPEG image 2.jpeg
    JPEG image 2.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 250
@Chuq - I have a friend who lives close to Fairfield. He drove by and had this to say:

North side (southbound) has almost nothing. South side well along, and clearly Tesla. Twelve posts. Photos to follow.

He sent me one photo which clearly shows 12 Supercharger bases and Tesla signs. I'll post it shortly when he gives me permission.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and mociaf9
It appears there are going to be 12 Superchargers on the Northbound side and 8 on the Southbound side, according to my friend. Here are his comments and photos of the Northbound side. I'll post the Southbound comments and photos in a separate post:

Here it is set up for twelve charging stations. Two big electrical units that probably match what was still wrapped up on the other side. Set into the ground at each station the top of those pre-cast concrete units are visible. Spare orange (charging station) post covers, green covers for posts protecting the electrical units, lots of plastic electrical conduit, etc. Best of all the signs all say Tesla on them.

With the smaller area on the other side, and only eight cement bases, it seems possible that there won't be as many stations for South Bound. With the extra post covers I surmise some of this stuff will end up at the other site when this one is done.

IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4493.JPG
IMG_4496.JPG
IMG_4498.jpg

Soutbound:
On the north side(i.e. Southbound) there was just a small fenced area. One truck, two large items wrapped up, presumably some sort of electrical devices, eight pre-cast concrete things that might have been bases, one big roll of wire. And some sagging sonotubes. Clearly no work had started. The area in the fence was not large compared to what I would find on the other side.

IMG_4489.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and mociaf9
Fairfield, CT

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95:
To: Milford NS, CT - 16.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Old Lyme, CT - 54.9 miles

Another Supercharger at a Connecticut travel plaza. Very high Supercharger density along I-95 in that area.

Yes.. very simple.

Both Darien & Greenwich superchargers are jokes compared to going down NJ/DE on I95.
They are only 2-4 slots, full every time I am coming through, then after waiting for a spot never get above 60kW because I’m paired.
New Rochelle is only an Urban Supercharger, and currently offline the last two weeks.

My family lives south of Milford so it’s not worth going out of the way and then backtracking.

Summertime its been fine, but in Winter with higher consumption rate and loss from sitting cold, I have to manager SoC a lot more closely.
Winter holidays I was Urban supercharging night before to 90-100% before leaving city, coming back pretty light and again urban supercharging the next day back up to 90%.

• Helpful
Reactions: streetskooler
per Rich @ the Tesla Owners CT distribution list...

There are two supercharge sites under construction in Fairfield at both rest stops on both sides of I-95. These seem to be in prime location.
Moderator, will you change the title to read "Supercharger - Fairfield, NJ", please. It is confusing because there has been a Supercharger in Fairfield, CA for quite some time.

WOW this is exciting! I live in Fairfield but I don't have home charging. We do have a bunch of free J1772s around town, but this will be a great place to juice up quickly! I had been holding out for the Trumbull mall but this is so much more convenient.

At the risk of crying wolf, it looks to me these superchargers may be V3. The place for the cabinets in the NB side seem to be too small for six V2 cabinets. Also, a travel center on a major highway is the ideal place for V3 superchargers.