Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fall River, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not entirely certain this project is dead, but certainly seems like it's still on hold.

There is a DEP case open for the site - looks like when they were doing site prep work they discovered evidence of something in the ground.

Off topic, but - I have a friend who was dating someone long ago who worked for the MA DEP. They were called out to a home for inspection. The homeowners were excavating for a pool and uncovered multiple rusty barrels buried in the back yard. The property was immediately declared off-limits. The homeowners were told "Bad news - your house is an uninhabitable superfund site. Good news - the government will pay all remediation costs. Bad news #2 - it probably won't get done for several years."

• Informative
Reactions: cmaster
Seems like there are alot of illegal hazardous waste dumped in the South End of Fall River/Tiverton pre-EPA all the way back to when Fall River was called Troy.

I grew up and went to school in Fall River, MA. It's very nostalgic for me. All the schools I went to are demolished....Dubuque, Wiley, Morton (not the newly build one), Carroll Annex, Spencer.....I remembered my bus stopped at the school near City Hall to be transferred. During this period, we had opportunity to play in the playground. Remembered always meeting my friends from the different schools trading NES video games to play. I would just hide it in my underwear until I get home.

I'm so fond of Fall River. There was no homeless people then.

This project seems to be dead. This was just posted and appears Raising Canes is going to this site. That corner is going to be crazy busy, it’s bad enough as it is.

#NEW - It appears a Rasing Cane's Restaurant is coming to the former Family Foods Grocery Outlet property at 323 William S. Canning Boulevard in Fall River. According to a February filing with the Fall River Registry of Deeds, a lease agreement was signed by Raising Cane's Restaurant’s LLC., for the vacant site at 323 William S. Canning Boulevard.

In February of 2023, the Family Foods Grocery building at 323 William S. Canning Boulevard was demolished by the Procaccianti Group, with plans to construct a Neon Gas Station & Convenience Store on the property.

According to Nick Giacobbi, Director of Development at The Procaccianti Group, the Neon Marketplace was put on hold and a new development plan was in the works for the site.

“Several different retailers, restaurants, banks and other gas station entities have reached out showing interest in the prime piece of property at 323 William S. Canning Boulevard," stated Giacobbi in September.

The Procaccianti Group was in talks with a national quick service restaurant chain for a land lease at the site according to Giacobbi.

Dan Aguiar, Fall River’s City Planner and Engineer, also confirmed on a WSAR radio interview last year that a national restaurant chain was looking to expand into the Southcoast area and is actively pursuing the William S. Canning Boulevard site.

We now know Raising Cane's will be the new tenant at the site.”

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer