Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Falls Church, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had no idea superchargers were going up at this location. just passed by this morning on my bike ride

i wonder who decides on these locations. this is a strip mall for locals, not really a destination for beltway travelers. i rarely visit this whole foods (i regularly shop at trader Joe's across rt 7). Even though this is now the closest SC to home, I doubt I'll ever use it

There are a lot of apartment dwellers in the area who don't have very many public charging options. This is a great location for Tesla owners residing in Tysons' high density housing as well as for people visiting family in the Falls Church, Pimmit Hills and Tysons areas.

Reactions: vdiv
My first chance to drive by with no crew around and enough time to stop and take photos.

IMG_0892.jpg - facing Pimmit Dr - sign for I-66 in the distance, just above and to the right of the leftmost pedestal
IMG_0893.jpg - we already saw an earlier photo of these from the other side, posted earlier
IMG_0890.jpg - all 8 pedestals in one shot
IMG_0894.jpg - similar angle, looking toward Jason's Deli - I'm kind of annoyed my camera focused on the fence

Drive by, but super fresh
They set the cabinets.

Notice any cable laying around? They are getting close but no sign of Dominion Power.
They must've set the cabinets in the late morning or very early afternoon; I took this photo just before 9am today and I didn't see any crew on site:
IMG_1078.jpg
(And no I didn't notice any cable laying around this morning.)

Great location for people that want to go to Whole Foods or Trade Joes across the street.
Today, 23 Sep 2020 it seemed to be all set waiting to flip the switch.View attachment 591327 View attachment 591328 ] View attachment 591330

The transformer is still missing, which is a critical component. That needs to be installed by Dominion Energy before Tesla can "flip the switch." You'll see the conduit stubs for the transformer sticking out of the ground in your first picture.