Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Falls Creek, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's shown as live on the site's web page, Tesla's SC map and their SC list plus the car's nav, so they seem pretty sure. I consider that more definitive than reports of early use here which get added to supercharger.info, even though the sites may just be in test mode and may go down again shortly thereafter. Still, on-site confirmation never hurts.

Charging now!

Attachments

• 1501961677711977943496.jpg
    1501961677711977943496.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 162
I sent a request to Google Maps to add the supercharger as a location.

I finally remembered to check the Google map to see if this supercharger had been added ... and it has but now there are 2 of them listed. 1 has a Gas Pump icon and the other an EV Charging Station icon. I don't know if both of these were from my request but obviously the EV Charging Station icon is preferred.

When adding a new location on Google Maps there are very limited selections so I remembered selecting "Gas Station" but in the description indicating it is an "Electric Vehicle Charging Station" like many others are listed. 2 is better than 0 so at least it is on the map.

Nice to see that the first time someone charged there they had company rather than not having anyone show up for weeks or weeks.

pcrow -- Nice touch having the sky color match your blue car.

Google map_Falls Creek supercharger.jpg

Reactions: pcrow
This is brilliant. I was looking at supercharge.info yesterday and noticed that (I think) there are only 4 spots on any east-west interstates left that I cannot manage from coast to coast in my 75D:

1. El Paso, TX - Casa Grande, AZ (I-10)
2. Little Rck, AR - Oklahoma City, OK (I-40)
3. Bloomsburg, PA - Macedonia, OH (I-80)
and
4. the "North Dakota Hole" (I-94)

Other than those, I think I could pick any east-west interstate and drive from Atlantic to Pacific and back, ad infinitum, Forrest Gump electric style.

Then the next day, this thread made its way to supercharge.info and the list was shortened to 3. ;-)

I expect Tesla must be aware of this too, and I hope that means #s 1 and 2 are imminently about to be filled too.

When we might be able to get cross the I-94 may be less certain, but I suppose if Tesla is serious about their alleged "end of 2017" plans, it cannot be too far behind. This is a really cool time to be alive. It's almost like we might get our heads out of our asses and NOT destroy this planet after all.

Some updates to my musings above since July 1st:

1. The El Paso - Casa Grande hole is not yet filled, but there are 3 stations listed on supercharge.info in that hole now, 2 with permits, 1 under construction.

2. The Little Rock - OK hole remains unfilled, even with permitted locations, on supercharge.info. Since my original post, Tesla updated its google maps version of its "coming soon" sites and that resource shows that they plan 3 stations between Little Rock and Oklahoma City, but not until "by the end of 2018". So it looks like nothing will happen on that route in the near future.

3. The PA - OH hole got filled with not just the one station that this thread is about, but in 3 short months it got 2 open stations and 1 more under construction. Hole filled.

4. Ha! Superchargers in North Dakota. Right! Obviously there is nothing there and Tesla says "end of 2018" for every planned station on theI-94 so it looks like that vast expanse will stay unmanageable for the foreseeable future. I guess Tesla was not "serious about their alleged 'end of 2017' plans" after all.

On the up side, since June 2017, the list has been shortened from four to three and looks like it will soon be two.

Reactions: pakman00

1. The El Paso - Casa Grande hole is not yet filled, but there are 3 stations listed on supercharge.info in that hole now, 2 with permits, 1 under construction.

2. The Little Rock - OK hole remains unfilled, even with permitted locations, on supercharge.info. Since my original post, Tesla updated its google maps version of its "coming soon" sites and that resource shows that they plan 3 stations between Little Rock and Oklahoma City, but not until "by the end of 2018". So it looks like nothing will happen on that route in the near future.

3. The PA - OH hole got filled with not just the one station that this thread is about, but in 3 short months it got 2 open stations and 1 more under construction. Hole filled.

4. Ha! Superchargers in North Dakota. Right! Obviously there is nothing there and Tesla says "end of 2018" for every planned station on theI-94 so it looks like that vast expanse will stay unmanageable for the foreseeable future. I guess Tesla was not "serious about their alleged 'end of 2017' plans" after all.

On the up side, since June 2017, the list has been shortened from four to three and looks like it will soon be two.

I would add I-15 north of Butte, MT, pretty much all of I-29/49, and possibly I-94 in Montana. Presumably you meant to include the latter in the North Dakota section.

I was reviewing the map and thought I would post more updates to my comment above.

1. As noted before, El Paso - Casa Grande hole is filled. Lots of stations opened there now.

2. Little Rock - OK hole remains unfilled and with no known permitted stations. Sad!

3. The PA - OH hole is filled with plenty of stations.

4. The North Dakota expanse has finally seen some movement. The permitted stations now break it into two gaps that would not be manageable in a 75D, but might be in a larger battery vehicle (if you drove slowly enough): Fargo to Dickson, and Dickson to Billings, MT. There obviously need to be (at least) two more stations in there, but even the two permitted stations in Fargo and Dickson are a huge start for anyone brave enough to try the I-94 Trek.

This means there remains only 2 Interstate holes, East to West, that a 75D cannot traverse easily on superchargers. (Although it's back up to 3 holes if you break up the North Dakota wasteland into 2 separate pieces, now that there is a permit for Dickson, ND.) With 2 more stations in ND, we could be down to only Little Rock - OK.

I was reviewing the map and thought I would post more updates to my comment above.

<snip>

This means there remains only 2 Interstate holes, East to West, that a 75D cannot traverse easily on superchargers. (Although it's back up to 3 holes if you break up the North Dakota wasteland into 2 separate pieces, now that there is a permit for Dickson, ND.) With 2 more stations in ND, we could be down to only Little Rock - OK.

Good update and I just ventured through your fine town this past weekend. Fun times.

I would say the Ozona, TX to Van Horn, TX leg is not possible in a 75D. I just attempted that last month and had to divert up to Midland, TX before heading to Van Horn, TX. The combination of elevation gain and a typical headwind while heading West makes it very sketchy for a 75D to complete.

I have a 90D but have lost enough range (after 80,000 miles / 130,000 km) that my max range is down to 265 miles or 426 km. The Ozona to Van Horn gap is 228 miles or 367 km and is a climb of about 2,000 ft or 610 meters.

There are also several other gaps that a 75D won't be able to traverse such as Amarillo, TX to Midland, TX although the Interstate only goes to Lubbock so it passes the Interstate test.

An out of the way place north of Butte, MT on I-15 doesn't look reachable either (up by Shelby, MT) but yes the holes are being filled little by little and those areas without a supercharger still have Public chargers so I've never found myself to be stranded somewhere without an available charger and am enjoying the adventures.

Ozona to Van Horn is manageable with a diversion to Midland but of course that isn't all interstate. Same goes for I-25 through Wyoming. You can get from Cheyenne to Sheridan via Lusk but not along the interstate. And that will still be the case even when Wheatland is completed.

Sioux Falls to Fargo is also too long so there will need to be at least one placed in between. And yes Butte needs to be connected with Fort MacLeod. Also the I-94 gap is not just North Dakota. There will also need to be a couple superchargers on I-94 in Montana.

Of course it all depends on what kind of Tesla you are driving. If all the superchargers that are permitted or under construction were completed, the only interstate gap I wouldn't attempt in my S100D would be the Little Rock to OKC stretch. I wouldn't go Butte to Fort McLeod either but I would be confident that I'd make it to Sweet Grass where the interstate ends :) Also Dickinson to Billings would be a huge stretch but is probably doable in summer by driving slow.

OTOH if you are driving a 60, the 200+ mile gaps are basically deal breakers.

I would say the Ozona, TX to Van Horn, TX leg is not possible in a 75D. I just attempted that last month and had to divert up to Midland, TX before heading to Van Horn, TX. The combination of elevation gain and a typical headwind while heading West makes it very sketchy for a 75D to complete.

Good point! I had not considered elevations.

I had the same issue when I was leaving New Brunswick, Canada last summer. I totally forgot that I would run into hills about 50 km from the first Quebec supercharger and had to bail and head into a Chademo station before I got there. Stupid gravity.