Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The V3 stations in ND and MT were commissioned in May and June of this year. I don't think they've been subjected to extreme cold yet. I have noticed the connectors on V3 stations being slightly tighter than V2. I've also noticed Model 3 charge ports being slightly tighter than S & X.

Commissioned, right, but the charging stands for much of the I-94 corridor were on site since February or so. Meaning any theoretical issues from the cold exist. Is it better or worse if the stands sit there in the cold electrically connected, or not?

Last edited:
Commissioned, right, but the charging stands for much of the I-94 corridor were on site since February or so. Meaning any theoretical issues from the cold exist. Is it better or worse if the stands sit there in the cold electrically connected, or not?

I don't know. I've been to plenty of cold places in my Tesla and have not experienced any of these issues.

can't tell if serious or not

I'm just having fun. The whole northern western plains, especially higher altitudes, is not much different than the Canadian prairies when it comes to winter temps. It will freeze your ball bearings off.

But the TransCanada V3 superchargers did not seem to have a problem with prairie temps last winter. (Even though someone noted the fine print on some pieces seemed to say they were good down to -30C which is warmer than some nighttime temps.)

Reactions: HyperionMark
Got back from a long trip a couple weeks ago. Found it odd that Fargo charges per kwh where Jamestown Bismarck and Dickinson are per minute. So far of the SCs I've visited this is the only case I've seen of a mix of per kwh and per min within the same state. Are there others?

Got back from a long trip a couple weeks ago. Found it odd that Fargo charges per kwh where Jamestown Bismarck and Dickinson are per minute. So far of the SCs I've visited this is the only case I've seen of a mix of per kwh and per min within the same state. Are there others?
You just have to check. Some states have rules that limit sales by kWh to bona fide electric utilities only. Like my state IN, for example. Therefore forced to charge by time only.