TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Farmingdale/Wall Township, NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by mociaf9, Jan 28, 2019.

1. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Initial Site Plan approval by the Wall Township Board of Adjustments was granted in September 2018 for an 8 stall supercharging station to be built at the Wawa located at the intersection of NJ-33 and NJ-34. Interestingly, it's only about 2 miles WSW of the Tinton Falls supercharger which is just on the other side of the Garden State Pkwy. I believe the site is still in the pre-permitting phase of development--a site modification might have been applied for this month, not sure--so no clues yet on when construction might start.

Address: 1310 NJ-34; Farmingdale, NJ 07727
    What: 8 stall Supercharger station, no definitive information on which type but almost certainly 120 kW.
    GPS (guess): 40.216192, -74.125599 [I don't know for sure that the install will be on this side of the Wawa, could be in a different location]

https://www.wallnj.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_09192018-962 [PDF]
    @BlueShift @Chuq

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Supercharge Info Editor

2 Wall Superchargers in one day. WOW!

• Funny x 1
  3. Nelson

Nelson Member

This is a good location for those in Monmouth County/Central Jersey, if you are traveling back from Atlantic City/Cape May area this is a good stop to top off to make it back home.

4. Kgdietz

Kgdietz Member

Stopped by today. Nothing going on yet.

• Informative x 2
  5. notthefakejr

notthefakejr New Member

Was there yesterday and still nothing happening. A friend of mine lives near here so I'll post updates once they start making progress.

• Informative x 1
  6. ChrisianZ

ChrisianZ Member

Any updates? That would be a good location to recharge.

7. Bar3

Bar3 Member

I just drove past there and absolutely nothing going on. Starting to to think this one isn’t happening.

8. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Nothing on the Wall Township website indicating forward progress since October 2018. Plus Tesla is planning on opening a supercharger in Howell/Freehold, which is very close by. Application for planning approval there was in August 2019. So it very well may be that they dropped the Wall location.

9. Bar3

Bar3 Member

Considering the Tinton Falls one is less than 5 mins away. I think that makes sense....