Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Farmingdale/Wall Township, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Initial Site Plan approval by the Wall Township Board of Adjustments was granted in September 2018 for an 8 stall supercharging station to be built at the Wawa located at the intersection of NJ-33 and NJ-34. Interestingly, it's only about 2 miles WSW of the Tinton Falls supercharger which is just on the other side of the Garden State Pkwy. I believe the site is still in the pre-permitting phase of development--a site modification might have been applied for this month, not sure--so no clues yet on when construction might start.

Address: 1310 NJ-34; Farmingdale, NJ 07727
What: 8 stall Supercharger station, no definitive information on which type but almost certainly 120 kW.
GPS (guess): 40.216192, -74.125599 [I don't know for sure that the install will be on this side of the Wawa, could be in a different location]

https://www.wallnj.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_09192018-962 [PDF]
Applicant proposes to expand an existing non-conforming WAWA fast food convenience store with gasoline station by installing an accessory Tesla electric vehicle super-charging facility.
@BlueShift @Chuq

Initial Site Plan approval by the Wall Township Board of Adjustments was granted in September 2018 for an 8 stall supercharging station to be built at the Wawa located at the intersection of NJ-33 and NJ-34. Interestingly, it's only about 2 miles WSW of the Tinton Falls supercharger which is just on the other side of the Garden State Pkwy. I believe the site is still in the pre-permitting phase of development--a site modification might have been applied for this month, not sure--so no clues yet on when construction might start.

Address: 1310 NJ-34; Farmingdale, NJ 07727
What: 8 stall Supercharger station, no definitive information on which type but almost certainly 120 kW.
GPS (guess): 40.216192, -74.125599 [I don't know for sure that the install will be on this side of the Wawa, could be in a different location]

https://www.wallnj.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_09192018-962 [PDF]

@BlueShift @Chuq

This is a good location for those in Monmouth County/Central Jersey, if you are traveling back from Atlantic City/Cape May area this is a good stop to top off to make it back home.

I just drove past there and absolutely nothing going on. Starting to to think this one isn’t happening.
Nothing on the Wall Township website indicating forward progress since October 2018. Plus Tesla is planning on opening a supercharger in Howell/Freehold, which is very close by. Application for planning approval there was in August 2019. So it very well may be that they dropped the Wall location.