Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Farmville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Backstory: My in-laws live in Pamplin, along 460, and I've been advocating for a Supercharger in Farmville for years, both selfishly, and for east-west travel on 460, and north-south along 15.

Last week, out of nowhere, my wife told me her father had texted her that he had heard something about Tesla putting a charger in Farmville (which was from a local source, and NOT actually from me trying to harass Sheetz into putting it in).

So today, I searched the VA Dig Safe database, and lo and behold, I found a ticket for a full site survey at the Sheetz on 2016 S Main St. in Farmville that took place in late August.

Ticket Search

Could mean something, could mean nothing....but at the moment, it's probably at least worth keeping an eye on.

Sheetz completely rebuilds stores after a number of years. They recently rebuilt 2 in Lynchburg. Unless the permit lists anything related to Tesla chargers, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

The permit was only a site survey. But it was for everything to be marked. Coupled with potentially reliable intel that something might be coming, it was at least worth looking into.

The best way to find out for sure is to check with the county inspector's office if/when the permit is issued. When I heard about the Lynchburg SuC, I was able to get the permit info from Campbell County, which was relatively painless. Good luck sleuthing!

VA is wonky...I've checked Prince Edward County, as well as Farmville, and nothing yet.
I agree. There's no consistency across the counties in VA in terms of how they manage their building permits. I had to actually request (under the Freedom of Information Act) the details of the building permit filed. To their credit, they provided the information within 2 business days.

I bet it's for renovation - although I agree that it's a great spot for a supercharger.

If OP has already asked Farmville if there is a permit, the next step is for someone to go inside and ask staff about renovation plans and/or a Supercharger installation.

The Tesla.com supercharger map got an update today.

Farmville is finally listed.

Stay tuned.
Screenshot_20200101-115653.png

Happy to see Lynchburg go online today, so I poked around a little more on DigSafe tickets. Wasn't able to find anything in Farmville-proper, BUT....

I was able to find a ticket for conduit install at the Lowe's on 15, just south of the town limits, and the Sheetz that most people think this SC will go in at.

From the ticket: Location: MARK FROM THE DOMINION DR ENTRANCE OF LOWES TO POLE CK-47
(THIS IS ABOUT 200 FEET) THEN MARK FROM THE DOMINION DR
ENTRANCE UP TO THE LEFT SIDE OF LOWES THEN ACROSS THE FRONT
OF LOWES TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING. MARK
THE ENTIRE LEFT SIDE OF THE BUILDING OUT TO THE TREE LINE.

don't know if it means anything. could just be an expansion at Lowe's. We'll see.

Here we go.

Sounds like it's going in at Sheetz, the 8 spots back behind the car wash. (that's my interpretation, anyway.)

Ticket Search

Type of Work: FOOTERS, SLAB OR FOUNDATION - INSTALL

Location: ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE PARKING LOT, AT THE 8 PARKING
SPACES, AND FROM THE PARKING SPACES TO THE TREELINE, AND
EXTEND IT TO THE TRANSFORMER THAT FACES CLARK ST.

FarmVegasSC.PNG

Not sure it's enough to put a pin on supercharge.info, but it's a start.

EDIT: the company doing this work, Leading Edge Services https://leading-edgeservices.com/ describes themselves as:

Leading-Edge Services, Inc. is a Veteran Owned small business based in Roanoke, VA. LES offers General Construction Services and specializes in the following areas: Electrical, General Contracting, Wireless Construction, Electric Vehicle Charger Installation and Project/Construction Management.

Safe to say this is our Farmville Supercharger. Only question is where exactly on the property will it be? I won't be there till late June, so someone else will have to scope it out.

Last edited:
The fact that they mentioned the "8 parking spaces" is pretty convincing! Nice work! And I think you probably nailed the location in your screenshot. It almost seems like this particular Sheetz parking lot was designed with a Supercharger in mind!

The fact that they mentioned the "8 parking spaces" is pretty convincing! Nice work! And I think you probably nailed the location in your screenshot. It almost seems like this particular Sheetz parking lot was designed with a Supercharger in mind!

I've been there....it's not tailor-made. that small building next to the red circle is a car wash, there would likely need to be some reconfiguring done not only for the car wash entrance, but any post-wash parking. the small row of spaces along Clark St in that corner have a vacuum cleaner next to them.

They may shuffle some of that around, or remove the car wash entirely. I don't know.

I've been there....it's not tailor-made. that small building next to the red circle is a car wash, there would likely need to be some reconfiguring done not only for the car wash entrance, but any post-wash parking. the small row of spaces along Clark St in that corner have a vacuum cleaner next to them.

They may shuffle some of that around, or remove the car wash entirely. I don't know.

From the street view is looks like there is a travel lane separate from the 8 parking spots (towards the tree line) that could continue to be used for the car wash entrance line, and the 5 spaces adjacent to the vacuum cleaner would not appear to be impacted. And from the 811 ticket, if in fact this is for a Supercharger installation, it sounds as if they would locate the cabinets and other equipment along the tree line (requiring trenching under the car wash entrance of course).
upload_2020-2-18_14-8-57.png

The point is, these 8 spots seem entirely separate from the main parking lot. I'm not implying that it was specifically designed for a Supercharger site, but if that's where they end up putting it, you couldn't have asked for a better layout.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
From the street view is looks like there is a travel lane separate from the 8 parking spots (towards the tree line) that could continue to be used for the car wash entrance line, and the 5 spaces adjacent to the vacuum cleaner would not appear to be impacted. And from the 811 ticket, if in fact this is for a Supercharger installation, it sounds as if they would locate the cabinets and other equipment along the tree line (requiring trenching under the car wash entrance of course).
View attachment 512482

The point is, these 8 spots seem entirely separate from the main parking lot. I'm not implying that it was specifically designed for a Supercharger site, but if that's where they end up putting it, you couldn't have asked for a better layout.

If it was me....I would move the Superchargers into what is currently the entrance lane for the car wash, then I would take out the current island there, making the car wash entrance lane travel in front of the Superchargers.

Here we go.

Sounds like it's going in at Sheetz, the 8 spots back behind the car wash. (that's my interpretation, anyway.)

Ticket Search
Type of Work: FOOTERS, SLAB OR FOUNDATION - INSTALL

Location: ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE PARKING LOT, AT THE 8 PARKING
SPACES, AND FROM THE PARKING SPACES TO THE TREELINE, AND
EXTEND IT TO THE TRANSFORMER THAT FACES CLARK ST.
View attachment 512446
Not sure it's enough to put a pin on supercharge.info, but it's a start.
EDIT: the company doing this work, Leading Edge Services https://leading-edgeservices.com/ describes themselves as:
Leading-Edge Services, Inc. is a Veteran Owned small business based in Roanoke, VA. LES offers General Construction Services and specializes in the following areas: Electrical, General Contracting, Wireless Construction, Electric Vehicle Charger Installation and Project/Construction Management.
Safe to say this is our Farmville Supercharger. Only question is where exactly on the property will it be? I won't be there till late June, so someone else will have to scope it out.

This is definitely a Supercharger. I clicked on the link you posted. This company has done many Supercharger installations, as well as Electrify installations. Electrify doesn’t have a pin in Farmville, so I’m certain this can only be a Supercharger. Will add on Supercharge Info!
400BF7FC-D003-4725-B946-908808F65E51.png