Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger "fines"? [Idle fees]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We also have the free sc for the life of the car and we have not seen anything show up in the supercharging section of the charging page even though we've been using sc for the past day due to a roadtrip we're currently on. Does that mean the older models don't even have the means to keep track on the car itself? How would idle fees be charged? For those who do see something on the recent list, how far back in time does it go?
Correct. Cars with free Supercharging won't show any Supercharging charges. You can sign up for a 3rd party site or app which can track your Supercharing sessions.

Idle fees are charged to a credit card on file. If you don't have a credit card on file, they will notify you at your next service visit.

I do not believe the 50% full Supercharger trigger for Idle fees is in effect anymore.
Tesla retains the option to change anyone plugged in after they have stopped charging.
That's not true. The 50% policy is still in effect, as you can see on their website:
Supercharger Idle Fee
It's just that very often their incoming data of occupancy at Superchargers is just horribly wrong.

I was in JAX yesterday, one car there, I plug in , says one hour to charge. Only started at 70kw. I come out 4 cars there. I leave. Last night I get email saying I stayed 18 minutes over. The station was 50% full. The charge is 50 cents per minute. They waived it since it was my first offense. I have been sober USA, never been hit with this before, I was in LA and SF, chargers were all full . Lines waiting.
OH NO APP TOLD ME MY CAR WAS FULL???

First alert:

C969D18D-A6C7-4DAB-9004-134BE3B22E70.jpeg

Second alert (when charging completes):

E0E7C8DB-1DD3-423B-A225-48595D0AE98F.jpeg

I thought all SuperCharger locations had an even number of stalls — each one paired with another. Where is this location that has an odd number? Does that mean one stall isn’t paired?
There are plenty of examples of locations with an uneven number of Superchargers. The closest one to me is in Estes Park, CO, which only has 7 stalls. If you look at Supercharge.info, you can see the number of stalls at each location.

I thought all SuperCharger locations had an even number of stalls — each one paired with another. Where is this location that has an odd number? Does that mean one stall isn’t paired?
Most are even, of course, but there are several locations that have odd numbers. 13 locations have 5 stalls. 5 locations with 7 stalls, etc. If you want to look them up, you can go to www.supercharge.info and go to the tab that says "Data". Then, you can sort by different columns. Sort by number of stalls and you can look through them. The odd numbered one that gets a lot of use and discussion is Ellensburg, WA, because before Cle Elum, WA was built, Ellensburg was frequently pretty crowded.

And yes, there's just a regular never paired stall, so at Ellensburg, there's the magical 3A that does not have a 3B.

Does idle fees apply after your car is fully charged and station has more than 50% occupancy? Is that right?
Slight correction, 50% station capacity and your car is plugged in but not charging (say in the case where you set the slider to 80%, your car will stop charging at 80% and you may incur idle fees even though your battery is not “fully charged”).