Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there two weeks ago, and while there was a lot of Tesla energy trucks, and a flatbed with megapacks lying around i don’t see anything that looked like a mini Kettleman type space.. would be nice.. The Bathrooms at chevron were close, fine, CLEAN so props to Chevron for realizing their other patrons. I made a point to buy a bottle of coke and some peanuts from their pantry - just to patronize them. Also, MCD has that ”deliver straight to your car” option which they promote right there at the SC.. I would like to try that at some point but while I DO love me some MCD Fries, I just couldn’t imagine have Fries, of COURSe some Ketchup in MY TESLA and then well sitting while driving in the car for ~ 3-6 more hours depending on which direction i was heading. Ew!.

Reactions: Electric Joy
While some of you might tolerate McDs, I do wish that Tesla's nearly-top priority in siting superchargers would be that there be better food close to them, and indeed to work with the restaurants to serve the drivers. Firebaugh's food selection is dreadful. There is a burger place that might be OK on the other side of the road but other than that it's low-quality chains. Supercharging doesn't take long enough for a sit-down dinner without having to move the car mid-dinner, but there are counter service restaurants. A place to take the food (like at Kettleman) or even outdoor picnic tables as a standard amenity would be a big plus. But this isn't even on the radar yet. In my dream world, you can order your meal right on the Tesla screen (the passenger can, I mean) and it tells the restaurant exactly when you will be there, and they show up right then with a table and the food if the weather is suitable. Then you can even have a nice sit-down meal from anywhere within a few miles willing to deliver.

Reactions: Electric Joy
To be honest I think this is really good for a quick charge with a clean standalone restroom that is not part of a gas station or fast-food. I personally like this for a quick 15-20 minutes stop and on my way. I think the upcoming Gustine supercharger by the hotel would be good for those looking for a longer stay and sit down restaurant, otherwise Harris Ranch would work for now.

While some of you might tolerate McDs, I do wish that Tesla's nearly-top priority in siting superchargers would be that there be better food close to them, and indeed to work with the restaurants to serve the drivers. Firebaugh's food selection is dreadful. There is a burger place that might be OK on the other side of the road but other than that it's low-quality chains. Supercharging doesn't take long enough for a sit-down dinner without having to move the car mid-dinner, but there are counter service restaurants. A place to take the food (like at Kettleman) or even outdoor picnic tables as a standard amenity would be a big plus. But this isn't even on the radar yet. In my dream world, you can order your meal right on the Tesla screen (the passenger can, I mean) and it tells the restaurant exactly when you will be there, and they show up right then with a table and the food if the weather is suitable. Then you can even have a nice sit-down meal from anywhere within a few miles willing to deliver.
you sound spoiled

you sound spoiled
Sounds like a business opportunity for him if he thinks there are enough others with a similar interest. I personally do not expect much in the way of food out in the middle of nowhere along I-5. There is relatively low population along the entire route, so the only patrons would be vehicle traffic who just happen to stop. Food options at Santa Nella, Gustine, Kettleman, Buttonwillow and Firebaugh locations are about as good as it gets out there.

I'll have a Quarter Pounder with Electrons.

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
In my dream world, you can order your meal right on the Tesla screen (the passenger can, I mean) and it tells the restaurant exactly when you will be there, and they show up right then with a table and the food if the weather is suitable. Then you can even have a nice sit-down meal from anywhere within a few miles willing to deliver.
In my dream, I get out of the car at the restaurant and then the car drives itself to the Supercharger and charges itself, and when I'm ready, it comes and picks me up.

I was there two weeks ago, and while there was a lot of Tesla energy trucks, and a flatbed with megapacks lying around i don’t see anything that looked like a mini Kettleman type space.. would be nice.. The Bathrooms at chevron were close, fine, CLEAN so props to Chevron for realizing their other patrons. I made a point to buy a bottle of coke and some peanuts from their pantry - just to patronize them. Also, MCD has that ”deliver straight to your car” option which they promote right there at the SC.. I would like to try that at some point but while I DO love me some MCD Fries, I just couldn’t imagine have Fries, of COURSe some Ketchup in MY TESLA and then well sitting while driving in the car for ~ 3-6 more hours depending on which direction i was heading. Ew!.
In my dream, I get out of the car at the restaurant and then the car drives itself to the Supercharger and charges itself, and when I'm ready, it comes and picks me up.
For what it’s worth, the fries at the Wayback Burger across the street were outstanding and the milkshake was also really good. My burger was good too but not as special as the two other items. One time I had to wait about 1 hour after the posted time for it to open and the other time it was closed (although it was the middle of the day) and didn’t open while I was there.

Bottom line: if they’re open, it’s worth checking out. MUCH better than McDonald’s (though a bit pricier).

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
are they about to install a megapack?

Exactly, this is the way. Tesla + Opentable. Tesla has your CC, knows when you will arrive, how many people are in your car. Restaurants can bid to target you and ordering/reservation is just a few screen clicks. Only a matter of time before this happens...

Reactions: MichaelP90DL