Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Just found a Tweet indicating there are some 50 or so Superchargers currently being built in Firebaugh, CA. Didn’t get the address yet, but based on the build size, it shouldn’t be hard to find. Whoa!!!

Bryan on Twitter

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

Attachments

• 4BF1DD39-AE24-459C-AEA2-107B692F5D34.jpeg
    4BF1DD39-AE24-459C-AEA2-107B692F5D34.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 7,741
  • E5FD99D7-3FB4-40B1-B988-D4655EA5BDEF.jpeg
    E5FD99D7-3FB4-40B1-B988-D4655EA5BDEF.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 7,066
  • 8F295CF5-DFDD-4994-AE80-166C95624330.jpeg
    8F295CF5-DFDD-4994-AE80-166C95624330.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 7,107
  • 5D45BC6B-42DE-4525-B58F-128A28FC02A2.jpeg
    5D45BC6B-42DE-4525-B58F-128A28FC02A2.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 7,188
Fresno native here. This location isn't really anyplace I would call Firebaugh...it's "in" Firebaugh in the same sense that the "Bakersfield Supercharger" is "in" Bakersfield (that's the city nearest to the address, which is way out on Interstate 5). That confusion having been dealt with, this is a great location for north/south travel on I-5 that splits the gap between Gustine and Harris Ranch.

Bruce.

While it's great to see more superchargers being built, I have to wonder who is going to use these? For LA <--> SF trips Kettleman City or Harris Ranch is usually all you need to make it through the Central Valley, assuming you depart with 100% charge. Maybe for people starting further out like in Sac or San Diego?

It just seems odd since I've never seen Kettleman City come even close to full, even on summer holiday weekends. Still though, more superchargers is always better.

While it's great to see more superchargers being built, I have to wonder who is going to use these? For LA <--> SF trips Kettleman City or Harris Ranch is usually all you need to make it through the Central Valley, assuming you depart with 100% charge. Maybe for people starting further out like in Sac or San Diego?

It just seems odd since I've never seen Kettleman City come even close to full, even on summer holiday weekends. Still though, more superchargers is always better.

Build it and they will come. We've only scratched the surface of Tesla market penetration.

Wow, this charger will be an amazing huge charger and Solar canopy + Tesla restaurant?!

I'd drive the 18 hours just for an Elon Burger :D
The permit also shows gas pumps. This is not an all Tesla owned facility. So likely no Elon Burgers. If there was to be, I'd vote for Beyond Meat burgers. If you haven't yet tried one, you should!

The reality is that Tesla ownership is increasing so much that any superchargers help tremendously, even if they're sited close to each other. There are several rural cities and towns where the placement of superchargers seems questionable based on the logic that supercharger sites need to be evenly spaced apart or holes need to be filled in (such as Mt. Shasta or Placerville with its upcoming 2nd supercharger). While filling in holes helps I think capacity is just as important and that's what sites that are not "optimally" placed do: they add much needed capacity which eventually offload the nearest supercharger sites.

This is across the street from the Electrify America "Panoche Shell" site. Very impressive site design. However, I'll probably never use it because it's a little too close to Silicon Valley. Kettleman is a better distance for our LR RWD Model 3. However, this would be very good for Silicon Valley SR+ Model 3 owners.

• Informative
Reactions: statisticsmike
Looking at the overall site plan in more detail, it's quite impressive. The huge freeway sign will remain, just like the old Burger King sign that was repurposed at Kettleman, except this one is bigger and advertises for the gas stations and restaurants. A Pet Walk area, and bus/RV parking that backs up to a row of Superchargers. This could allow Supercharging without disconnecting a trailer.

It is interesting that they are installing 6 new gas pumps with underground storage tanks. This must be some kind of new partnership because I don't see Tesla owning this site with the restaurant and gas station.