TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, under construction Sep 2020, 50+ V3 stalls)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by MarcoRP, Sep 15, 2020.

1. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Just found a Tweet indicating there are some 50 or so Superchargers currently being built in Firebaugh, CA. Didn’t get the address yet, but based on the build size, it shouldn’t be hard to find. Whoa!!!

Bryan on Twitter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like x 12
    • Love x 9
    • Informative x 7
  2. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

#2 MarcoRP, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
    56 V3 stalls + Convenience Store + Restaurant (likely 50s style).

C74C7854-4B59-4590-824A-3D3BBFF7ACE9.jpeg DED225D3-9907-4F20-B702-B3754038D88A.jpeg

• Informative x 10
    • Like x 7
    • Love x 2
  3. No2DinosaurFuel

No2DinosaurFuel Active Member

Another kettleman but with v3 chargers. Nice! They definitely need more of these mega chargers in CA. Too many teslas. Starting to become crowded again.

• Like x 4
  4. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Fresno native here. This location isn't really anyplace I would call Firebaugh...it's "in" Firebaugh in the same sense that the "Bakersfield Supercharger" is "in" Bakersfield (that's the city nearest to the address, which is way out on Interstate 5). That confusion having been dealt with, this is a great location for north/south travel on I-5 that splits the gap between Gustine and Harris Ranch.

Bruce.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 4
  5. DoctorVenkman

DoctorVenkman Member

While it's great to see more superchargers being built, I have to wonder who is going to use these? For LA <--> SF trips Kettleman City or Harris Ranch is usually all you need to make it through the Central Valley, assuming you depart with 100% charge. Maybe for people starting further out like in Sac or San Diego?

It just seems odd since I've never seen Kettleman City come even close to full, even on summer holiday weekends. Still though, more superchargers is always better.

• Disagree x 6
    • Funny x 3
  6. Owner

Owner Active Member

okay, so where is the location exactly?

I know I can't make it to Kettleman on one charge

still dreaming of a 500 mile range car...

7. pdx_m3s

pdx_m3s Active Member

Build it and they will come. We've only scratched the surface of Tesla market penetration.

• Like x 10
  8. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

Wow, this charger will be an amazing huge charger and Solar canopy + Tesla restaurant?!

I'd drive the 18 hours just for an Elon Burger :D

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  9. gene

gene Supporting Member

The permit also shows gas pumps. This is not an all Tesla owned facility. So likely no Elon Burgers. If there was to be, I'd vote for Beyond Meat burgers. If you haven't yet tried one, you should!

• Like x 3
  10. corywright

corywright Supporting Member

This picture was taken last week on Labor Day (via @TeslaOwnersNBay):
    kettlemanline.jpg

• Informative x 27
    • Like x 16
    • Helpful x 4
    • Love x 2
  11. Pied

Pied Member

I typed the address into google maps and it's in the halfway point of highway 152 and 41; on highway 5

12. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.36.11

Google Maps
    upload_2020-9-15_9-51-41.png

• Like x 3
  13. DoctorVenkman

DoctorVenkman Member

Yikes, I stand corrected then. What time was that approximately? I charged there that Saturday morning and there were like 5 other cars.

• Like x 1
  14. eladts

eladts Member

The maximum stall number of a single V3 installation is 28 (7 linked cabinets, 4 stalls per cabinet). I think this is going to be the first dual maxed out V3 installation. I wonder what the 9 additional EV parking spaces will be.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. tij664

tij664 Member

The reality is that Tesla ownership is increasing so much that any superchargers help tremendously, even if they're sited close to each other. There are several rural cities and towns where the placement of superchargers seems questionable based on the logic that supercharger sites need to be evenly spaced apart or holes need to be filled in (such as Mt. Shasta or Placerville with its upcoming 2nd supercharger). While filling in holes helps I think capacity is just as important and that's what sites that are not "optimally" placed do: they add much needed capacity which eventually offload the nearest supercharger sites.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  16. wemetzger

wemetzger Member

FYI, Kettleman is dual v3 and v2. So, this might be the same. If I had my choice, I'd also thrown in some slower chargers as well (urban?) that would allow for not being rushed through lunch/dinner.

• Like x 2
  17. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

#17 MarcoRP, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    The site plans:

3F0856AA-1C62-4D0E-BF04-B0AED8F6B68C.jpeg

• Informative x 16
    • Love x 1
  18. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Lol the road name for those that speak Spanish ;):eek:

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 1
  19. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

This is across the street from the Electrify America "Panoche Shell" site. Very impressive site design. However, I'll probably never use it because it's a little too close to Silicon Valley. Kettleman is a better distance for our LR RWD Model 3. However, this would be very good for Silicon Valley SR+ Model 3 owners.

• Informative x 1
  20. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

Looking at the overall site plan in more detail, it's quite impressive. The huge freeway sign will remain, just like the old Burger King sign that was repurposed at Kettleman, except this one is bigger and advertises for the gas stations and restaurants. A Pet Walk area, and bus/RV parking that backs up to a row of Superchargers. This could allow Supercharging without disconnecting a trailer.

It is interesting that they are installing 6 new gas pumps with underground storage tanks. This must be some kind of new partnership because I don't see Tesla owning this site with the restaurant and gas station.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2