Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot figure it out either. It would be quite a detour for those who just want to travel the I-5, and it it is not on the beaten path (I think ) for the state parks.

Help from the locals is needed: Who are the travelers this SC services ?
As mentioned earlier, it's right off I-5. It's not actually in Firebaugh.

upload_2020-9-16_7-56-57.png

upload_2020-9-15_9-51-41-png.588485

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-16_7-52-29.png
    upload_2020-9-16_7-52-29.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
still dreaming of a 500 mile range car...
You and I don't have the same bladder. I have a 700-mile range car (2000 Honda Insight, 10-gallon tank) and I cannot last. Even in my 500-mile range Sprinter, I have to stop. When I used to commute SF<->LA after college, I always stopped at Button Willow for gas which was a good distance on my bladder. Pretty much every car since has at least made it this far (including the TM3), as I age this may be a bit too far. My dad's joke was he couldn't cross a parking lot w/o looking for another restroom.

This picture was taken last week on Labor Day (via @TeslaOwnersNBay):
View attachment 588476
Wow that is almost unbelievable. I went stopped at the Kettleman SC during my America road trip and couldn't believe how many stalls there were. I wonder how many MWh of electricity were pumped out that day just at that site! Outside of Cali, any supercharger stop with more than 4 stalls never has a wait.

500+ mile range cars will offer the ability to not require charging for certain trips, which means any bio/meal breaks can happen at a place of our choosing with no charging needs.

As an example for a while when traveling from Seattle to Portland our only stop ever was in Centralia's supercharger, with access to maybe half a dozen specific restaurants, most of them chain fast food. A desired stop at a favorite restaurant in Olympia or Longview never penciled out because we knew we'd have to stop in Centralia. So the need to charge a 200-mile car (particularly in Winters) overrode stopping where we actually wanted to. a 500+ mile car will make preferred stopping locations much more reasonable.

Reactions: Sasmania and Owner
As mentioned earlier, it's right off I-5. It's not actually in Firebaugh.

View attachment 588770

upload_2020-9-15_9-51-41-png.588485

That Google Maps visualization is misleading because Google Maps is simply offering you directions to a single/random location within Firebaugh. 93622 zip code belongs to Firebaugh. The location of the supercharger is in Firebaugh.

46272 West Panoche Road, Firebaugh, CA 93622

Google Maps

Last edited: