Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ad9d3479-ef80-4abf-a002-90a9043de598-jpeg.588996

Definitely a solar canopy going in
What makes you say that? Couldn't it just be a shade like at Kettleman City?

Well well, I am a fool. Who knew there were panels up there?

I tried it with my current city and hometown and went 0 for 2. So "not always true" at best.
Ah, as a 14 year Apple Genius (and still fanboi) I guess I *assumed* that Google would do something smart just like Apple, but apparently no. Could it really be a random location in the city? Or is it just a calculated geographic center? If I do the same city search again, the pin goes to the same address, but google certainly isn't choosing City Hall.

One guy was mentioning that it is about 25 miles each way out of the way off I5. Looking at google I’m not sure it would be that if using 33. What kind of highway is 33. Is it really that far off the beaten track?
My post #106, 12 minutes before your post #107, included a map showing the Supercharger location is within a stone’s throw of I5.

Perhaps the thread title should be “at I5”.

Reactions: Pluto
Exactly. It's also general good health to get out of the car and take a short walk. For long distance traveling, our Model S 60 was up to the job with just 200 miles range. I'm finding now that in my Model 3, its charging "too fast" for a decent lunch break on road trips.

Yah you actually nailed that right on the head. Harris ranch is one of our planned lunch stops when we head south. And we'll be using a V2 station just to allow for a decent relaxed lunch.

Just sayin.

They should really put another 56 stall site near the Tejon Outlets on the other side of the freeway from the existing Tejon Ranch site. There is plenty of empty land there similar to the Panoche Road site.

Agree! The day that big fire started east of The Grapevine we stopped at Tejon Ranch. Fortunately traffic was relatively light because nearly half of the pedestals were not working (mostly ones under the solar panels!). This location is fairly close to the main power distribution lines from the CVP too. Tejon Ranch usually gets me where I need to be in LA with charge to spare. Agree, expand Tejon Ranch.

They should really put another 56 stall site near the Tejon Outlets on the other side of the freeway from the existing Tejon Ranch site. There is plenty of empty land there similar to the Panoche Road site.

When they closed it for a few weeks in May 2018 (to expand from 10 to 24 stalls), some people were hoping that they were going to build on the other side. However if that was the case, they would have built out the other side, got them up and going, and *then* close the original site to bring that up to 24, so that there were at least some in the area.

However that was before V3 was around, so who knows what may happen now...

And to bring this back on topic, isn't that 56 stall site at Firebaugh looking good?

Pure guess, but wouldn't shock me if they are trying to get it open before the busy holiday travel period starts next month.

/edit Also those trees in the bottom two pics aren't looking too healthy.

Pure guess, but wouldn't shock me if they are trying to get it open before the busy holiday travel period starts next month.

/edit Also those trees in the bottom two pics aren't looking too healthy.

Yeah - they might be before T-Day. Anyway, the whole exit is having a building boom. Guessing they expect these SC's to bring in additional customers.

My guess, and at this point it’s only a guess. Is no way Halloween.. The construction alone doesn’t seem like it will be finished in that time period and this charger, not unlike the Kettleman City one is going to require LOTS of PG&E support, transformer hookups, testing, etc before going live. At this point, A) we know that is a long process normally with totally unpredictable time frames even with small SC and once everything is done and B) With all the CA fires at this point, I think the PG&E resources are spread pretty thin.

At this point I think they are probably targeting getting it done before the Thanksgiving travel period (who KNOWS what that is going to look like this year, with ppl not flying, but also not traveling). and or the Xmas, December holiday period.