Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fish Camp, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now someone needs to check Mariposa - El Portal on 140,and see if there's one along there, as of the three western entrance routes (120/140/41), that one is the lowest and least likely to get snow. And one's still needed in Lee Vining, as Mammoth Lakes is too far for 60s from Groveland, this or any other west side SC in some conditions.

i just called Tenaya Lodge and spoke to a nice women who did not know if the Superchargers will be for guests only or are open to the public. She mentioned that the EV chargers the Lodge has had for awhile are only for guests, and I knew that.

She said the Superchargers aren't open yet and didn't know when they would be open.
If these new Superchargers are open to the public I will be thrilled as they will be well placed for any Tesla owner heading into Yosemite using the Mariposa entrance.

I trust you meant from Oakhurst or Fresno via SR41. Mariposa is on SR140 at the junction with SR49, and is accessed from the Valley via Merced.

This is an excellent addition to the Supercharger network for those of us coming to Yosemite from parts south, and it will greatly relieve charging-related stress when visiting the park. It should also significantly decrease competition for the 80-amp Destination Charger at the Ahwahnee Hotel (currently known as the Majestic Hotel). Thank you Tesla for this useful new location.

There are Superchargers that are not public. See this year old article about a business owner in Sweden who bought two special 60kW Superchargers Tesla Sold 60KW “Superchargers” to a Business Owner and in this thread Private Tesla Fastcharger? [Not quite a supercharger] This guy bought 2. it is noted that at the Amsterdam airport a taxi company also has it's own Superchargers.

I am not aware of any Superchargers in the US that are private and not open to all Tesla owners. But there is always a first time. I am optimistic that these Superchargers at Tenaya Lodge will be public, but it surprises me that there is enough power available at that remote location to run 4 pairs of stalls at 120kW/pair. Possibly they are running at 60kW? Which would of course be far better than the two J1722 chargers currently at that location.

There is reportedly a private supercharger in Las Vegas used by Project 100. Its colocated with the current LV Supercharger -- but on a different floor of that garage.

i just called Tenaya Lodge and spoke to a nice women who did not know if the Superchargers will be for guests only or are open to the public. She mentioned that the EV chargers the Lodge has had for awhile are only for guests, and I knew that.

I've charged at Tanya many times as a guest in the restaurant. You don't have to be an overnight guest.

There isn't a single supercharger at any hotel in the entire US that isn't open to the public. Tesla would never make such a deal and it wouldn't make sense as overnight guests wouldn't need superchargers as slow destination chargers would suffice.

Yes, not a destination that needs a Supercharger, however, a possible stopover for lunch(or dinner) whilst Supercharging?
On another note - if one were hoping to use this to sidestep the Level 2's at the Main Yosemite Lodge area, how much would be lost on that leg? I remember winding and climbing quite a bit on that road. I know I can use EVTriplanner, but just want other opinions.

if one were hoping to use this to sidestep the Level 2's at the Main Yosemite Lodge area, how much would be lost on that leg? I remember winding and climbing quite a bit on that road. I know I can use EVTriplanner, but just want other opinions.
Exactly what "leg" are you referring to? Need a point to point route specified to understand your question.

www.evtripplanner.com is the best source for making estimates of EV energy usage during a trip.

Yes, not a destination that needs a Supercharger, however, a possible stopover for lunch(or dinner) whilst Supercharging?
On another note - if one were hoping to use this to sidestep the Level 2's at the Main Yosemite Lodge area, how much would be lost on that leg? I remember winding and climbing quite a bit on that road. I know I can use EVTriplanner, but just want other opinions.

Ev trip planner has been very accurate for me so far.

About 20 rated miles from Tanya to the "Majestic" (guess the trademark lawsuit didn't end well for the government) as it is net downhill.

Coming back the other way is 37 rated miles. So basically no need at all to use the destination charger at the Majestic if you're coming from the Fresno area.