Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fish Camp, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stayed at The Majestic for a night mid April.

Drove through Los Banos for the first time via 152. Yes that was a mistake, but I did see a white Model X towing a camper in Los Banos. Looked like it might have been @ecarfan I gave them a thumbs up and they replied with the same.

It will always be the Awhanee - what a scam that they trademarked the name.

I've driven 152 through Los Banos probably 100 times, why would that be a mistake?

Glacier Point Road opens tomorrow! Just in time for my trip :)

Reactions: HandleX and ohmman
I’ve got a 60D. Does this tell you enough?

I’m nervous as it is, though I love the car. There aren’t too many destination chargers near there, so this supercharger will be my lifeline.
I went many times during winter and wintery weather to Yosemite in my S60D without trouble. I used almost all the different routes to do so. As rightly pointed out here, one has to stay on top of it, but the many chargers mentioned here and good planning made it all work out. I did depend on many of the mentioned chargers in this discussion. There's a few chargers by the grocery market in Yosemite too, but they were usually in use by employees & residents when I went. I never lost confidence in my Yosemite trips because I always planned correctly. Use EV Trip Planner and A Better Routeplanner and apps like EVTO to figure out things before you are fully familiar with your car. I especially liked EVTripPlanner since it was easy to use, had all the right settings, and was the only thing available when I first got my car.

Kinda weird that this thread doesn’t have any daytime pictures of the Supercharger. I’m gonna fix that. As you can see it was a gorgeous day up at Fish Camp today.

Note that a couple of the pedestals seem to need a little TLC, maybe because there are no parking bumpers on these back in stalls.

526E0D62-70BC-4A10-8475-F2F9FE2AD34A.jpeg
08CDE166-76E6-4F2F-AA43-74F46B623C1D.jpeg
7C9DE309-0828-43DD-91D9-3A0F6BEAC869.jpeg
9FD17268-554F-4106-921B-C52922E9C805.jpeg

Bruce.

Kinda weird that this thread doesn’t have any daytime pictures of the Supercharger. I’m gonna fix that. As you can see it was a gorgeous day up at Fish Camp today.

Note that a couple of the pedestals seem to need a little TLC, maybe because there are no parking bumpers on these back in stalls.
Hey Bruce, thanks for the photos! That is a surprising amount of pedestal damage. But I suspect there are no parking bumpers because that lot gets plowed regularly in the winter and they don’t want obstacles like that to deal with.

Reactions: e-FTW
Hey Bruce, thanks for the photos! That is a surprising amount of pedestal damage. But I suspect there are no parking bumpers because that lot gets plowed regularly in the winter and they don’t want obstacles like that to deal with.
You are probably right. You can see the scrapes the equipment makes in the asphalt in Bruce’s photos.

I was just up there last week (pedestals still pretty beat up), and on Friday the Superchargers were enclosed in temporary fencing put up to reserve that whole parking area for the Ferrari Group Rally... I just moved one of them to get in.

4CB243A9-8F7C-46AB-AE1C-E178CB90D20F.jpeg
D24A525D-797B-4D6D-99D0-AFB25285780F.jpeg

This one felt a little petty, but I am definitely making assumptions without talking to anyone involved:
6F400239-4F21-4B6B-ACC5-4B35E9D35BC4.jpeg

The far end also had those fences:
BD2EE59F-76E5-495D-A1BB-71BCAE6DD804.jpeg

This was simply an annoyance, but still odd. I did not talk to or notify anyone onsite, so I cannot draw any real conclusions.

Reactions: bmah
I notice it has the Tenaya Lodge logo on the sign, so presumably it is being organised in conjunction with them.
Yes of course, but probably an employee was told to reserve the parking area and did not take into account the fact that the Superchargers need to remain open.

Years ago, long before the Superchargers were there, I participated in a vintage Porsche event at Tenaya Lodge and we had that entire parking lot reserved for us.

@e-FTW did you speak with the Lodge about those barriers?

Yes of course, but probably an employee was told to reserve the parking area and did not take into account the fact that the Superchargers need to remain open.

Years ago, long before the Superchargers were there, I participated in a vintage Porsche event at Tenaya Lodge and we had that entire parking lot reserved for us.

@e-FTW did you speak with the Lodge about those barriers?
I did not.
And I am 99% sure that what you described is accurate: employee was told to fence in that area of the parking lot, and was not aware that SC access should remain open, or that SC area be excluded from the fenced-in area.

I was there Sept 3/4'th. The lot was blocked off. Since I was staying there (the only reason I chose that hotel was the supercharger) I talked to the front desk and valet and they did not seem to care too much that they blocked off the lot. Valet told me to just move the barricade if i really wanted in there. Front desk told me they'd need to accompany me to move the barricade. This was not cool of them. Going to be awful if the rally shows up and actually takes all the supercharger spots. I wonder if the contract they sign with Tesla allows this sort of thing?

• Disagree
I wonder if the contract they sign with Tesla allows this sort of thing?
I would certainly hope not.

The attitude of the staff that you described is concerning. So did an employee go with you and move the barrier so you could charge?

If I was in your position I would speak to the hotel manager, explain the importance of the Superchargers remaining accessible at all times, and insist that action be taken.

Reactions: e-FTW and bmah
I would certainly hope not.

The attitude of the staff that you described is concerning. So did an employee go with you and move the barrier so you could charge?

If I was in your position I would speak to the hotel manager, explain the importance of the Superchargers remaining accessible at all times, and insist that action be taken.
Definitely should have talked to the manager myself as well.

Is there a Tesla contact we should make aware of this?

Reactions: ybbor
@MCarbon on Twitter reports Fish Camp is not currently accessible.

https://twitter.com/mcarbon/status/1336489834525782019?s=21

Fishcamp CA Supercharger update. I moved the barricades this morning. They were moved back tonight. I called @Tesla to ask if they knew anything about it and Tesla said owners had turned power off to the superchargers. At time still showing as active on map.

It appears since Tenaya Lodge has closed for COVID they have turned off power and closed access to the lodge and chargers. Their website says they will reopen Dec 27th.
They are in the "San Joaquin Valley Region", and Dec 27 would be the end of the 3 week timeout. That being said, that region continues to the be the worst of the bunch; it's been at 0% ICU capacity for several days now. IMHO, it's doubtful they'll get above 15% this month. So if they really leave it disconnected until reopening, this SC will likely be down well into January.

Reactions: ucmndd
They are in the "San Joaquin Valley Region", and Dec 27 would be the end of the 3 week timeout. That being said, that region continues to the be the worst of the bunch; it's been at 0% ICU capacity for several days now. IMHO, it's doubtful they'll get above 15% this month. So if they really leave it disconnected until reopening, this SC will likely be down well into January.
Agree. We’re not opening up any time soon, and the Tenaya has no legitimate claim to staying open for “essential workers” being in the middle of nowhere. It’s highly unlikely the SJV region’s stay at home order is lifting on 12/27.

Please stay home. Stay out of the park. There are zero ICU beds available in Madera and Fresno counties and the health care system is overwhelmed. There is no capacity here for tourism adding to the risk and burden.