Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good find! Now on supercharge.info. Interesting that it wasn't near the original suggested location (116th & Cumberland!)
Yeah, the proposed location made more sense to me; especially since there is tons of new building over there including a new restaurant district, Ikea, and Top Golf. It is a little awkward since it is on the 3rd floor of a parking garage, but there are many things within walking distance (restaurants, library, shops, shaved ice and ice cream stands...). Hey, I'm just happy to see a Supercharger close-by. I will stop by once a week to keep tabs on the progress, since it is on my drive home. I will also advise if I get more information about whether Tesla installs the older 73 kWh urban charger, or the newer 120 kWh version, since the contract says they have the option of either.

Here's a nice update for your Sunday!

10 stalls in total: 5 with 30 minute Tesla parking // 5 with Tesla charging parking

Looks like they're the 72 kWh Urban Chargers.

Eight chargers are up and installed - only two to go!

upload_2018-2-11_16-13-59.png

upload_2018-2-11_16-14-17.png

upload_2018-2-11_16-14-32.png

upload_2018-2-11_16-14-44.png

upload_2018-2-11_16-14-56.png

D0F4CF35-6A85-4649-8F0F-E31A3EF03868.jpeg
I checked today and still 8 of 10 chargers are up, but I also noticed the Fisher’s Permit Inspectors truck was there.

I also did a little sleuth work and grabbed this pic. Based on Ohm’s law these charges can provide up to 82 Kilowatts of power.

Attachments

• 6F3DA85E-D622-4B90-8C78-7813F64D7494.jpeg
    6F3DA85E-D622-4B90-8C78-7813F64D7494.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: OpenThirdEye
So we are going to get 2 charging stations in North Indy. What is up with 30 minute parking> The charging stops at 30 min, or if your not charging you can park your tesla for 30 min?
Most superchargers do the same parking. Half the spots are open for anyone (read non-Tesla) for parking up to 30 minutes. I think this is crazy considering the money they have invested, but hey it’s their money, and I doubt anyone would park here anyway. (3rd floor)

On to the Carmel supercharger... I wonder if this location will happen, or if it was just Tesla seeking multiple proposals. It would defiantly be unusual to have two so close together. I have some friends and relatives in Carmel and they said the permitted location has not seen any construction to date, but the more the merrier.

Most superchargers do the same parking. Half the spots are open for anyone (read non-Tesla) for parking up to 30 minutes. I think this is crazy considering the money they have invested, but hey it’s their money, and I doubt anyone would park here anyway. (3rd floor)

On to the Carmel supercharger... I wonder if this location will happen, or if it was just Tesla seeking multiple proposals. It would defiantly be unusual to have two so close together. I have some friends and relatives in Carmel and they said the permitted location has not seen any construction to date, but the more the merrier.

Great updates, thanks! I think we're all just used to superchargers being hundreds of miles apart but the new strategy for Tesla is to saturate areas and make it even easier. A person traveling 69S and then heading towards Cincinnati would have to do minimal back-tracking for charging with this one in place, and someone coming from 31S heading to St. Louis could also make a quick pull-off without detouring to La Quinta. It seems like a good strategy to offer them on multiple corners of town in the... Crossroads of America! :)

Update. The fencing is gone and all superchargers are all installed! There are pieces of papers covering all the Tesla logos and cones blocking the parking spots. It looks like they are done with the installation. Probably, just have inspection, testing and tuning to go. Hopefully, soon!

Attachments

• 532B619C-9D8E-46A4-8008-C2C03FC60734.jpeg
    532B619C-9D8E-46A4-8008-C2C03FC60734.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DC0CD191-803A-4A9B-88A4-D2EA6AFD316D.jpeg
    DC0CD191-803A-4A9B-88A4-D2EA6AFD316D.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 97
That's great news- we're planning a trip to the area in a few weeks, and it will be great not having to go to the south side from the northside (Noblesville and Fishers) . I've done the trip from AZ before when superchargers were few and far between, This time it will be a piece of cake. Before we either used the Chademo in Carmel by the Whole foods or drove to the south side for our week stay in the area.

I would say we shouldn’t expect to see them operational for at least another 2ish weeks. My better half works in the building attached to the garage and they’re doing a lot of signage renovations in there starting today.

However, she’s being forced to park on the third floor so she said she will shoot updates my way if something changes!

Reactions: GMan324
I would say we shouldn’t expect to see them operational for at least another 2ish weeks. My better half works in the building attached to the garage and they’re doing a lot of signage renovations in there starting today.

However, she’s being forced to park on the third floor so she said she will shoot updates my way if something changes!

Have there been any more updates?
Also, since this is in a parking garage, how much are the parking fees?