Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fishkill, NY

Solar40

Nov 8, 2019
Poughkeepsie
There’s also a charger in the parking lot at a doctors office across from Eastman and Bennys pizza in Poughkeepsie. Think it may be the doctors personal charger. They might do sharing but I’m not sure

Solar40

Nov 8, 2019
Poughkeepsie
Just bought this NEMA extension. This guy had an electrician make it. This thing is almost 200ft. He doesn’t have his Tesla anymore so he sold it to me. Hope this helps for Tesla condo people or anyone be that doesn’t have charging near. Haven’t seen another wire like this so like I said maybe you could have an electrician make it with some 6/3 gauge wire and some ends.

Attachments

• 45CB8D08-CE9B-4BE2-BAAE-D367D361EE9D.jpeg
    45CB8D08-CE9B-4BE2-BAAE-D367D361EE9D.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: MarcoRP

Solar40

Nov 8, 2019
Poughkeepsie
Also if your going to connect to a dryer outlet, you might need a 3 prong to 1450 adapter. That being said. The receptacle on this one isn’t a outdoor box. So I’ll have another friend switch the receptacle and put on out the outdoor receptacle on the end. I think I saw one at Lowe’s for about 50 bucks. The wire is the important part anyway.

StanT

Jan 23, 2020
Fishkill
So it looks like the missing part of the electrical equipment was just 2 large disconnect switches and they are installed. They have taken down the fence and cleaned up the parking spaces. There are 2 spaces currently occupied by a construction truck- but everything is wide open.
I don't think they are active yet- but unfortunately my only Tesla is a future MY- so I can't test it yet. Below are today's pictures:
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg

StanT

Jan 23, 2020
Fishkill
So still not sure, but I drove by on Rt 9 late last night and looked down to where the superchargers were- they were not lit, no lights on...

Not a good sign- for now.

StanT

Jan 23, 2020
Fishkill
Just thought I would share this to basically end this thread... its official on the website too.... Hope to bump into some of you there someday...
fishkill supercharger.jpg

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
This seems to be pretty common for newly activated V3 superchargers. They come online, and go through a period of partial availability before being fully up. I'm not sure the reason for this is know, but it's been seen at other V3 sites too.

Solar40

Nov 8, 2019
Poughkeepsie
Yup. It popped on my car and my app. Gonna go charge tommorow. So just to be clear, is this a v3 supercharger? Anyone notice a chargetime improvement on this charger?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC