Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Palm Beach, FL - Florida Turnpike Service Plaza

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Palm Beach County Permit Search: E-2020-045882-0000
Description: Install Electric Vehicle Charging Stations and concrete slab
Issue date: 2021-01-12

Address: 9450 Floridas Tpke, Wellington, FL 33414
GPS (guess): 26.635504, -80.174903

FL TPike- WPB service plaza.JPG

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

I don’t understand how the Canoe Creek Service Plaza is such a low priority.

Delray Supercharger is only 16 miles south Of the West Palm Beach Service Plaza.
I don't understand what you mean. The supercharger in the Canoe Creek plaza is also in permitting, see Canoe Creek— 16 v3 Superchargers permit. And these Turnpike locations all got approval at the same time and are being worked on in parallel.

I don't understand what you mean. The supercharger in the Canoe Creek plaza is also in permitting, see Canoe Creek— 16 v3 Superchargers permit. And these Turnpike locations all got approval at the same time and are being worked on in parallel.
It’s about priorities. They have moved Canoe Creek to Q4. Next month will be two years since the announcement. The distance from Yeehaw Junction to Kissimmee is the second longest distance between exits in the United States (after Fort Pierce to Yeehaw).

It’s about priorities. They have moved Canoe Creek to Q4. Next month will be two years since the announcement. The distance from Yeehaw Junction to Kissimmee is the second longest distance between exits in the United States (after Fort Pierce to Yeehaw).
No it's not. The turnpike already has sufficient coverage to make travel easy. Canoe Creek would split a supercharger gap that is only 80 miles, that's not a challenging gap for any vehicle in any conditions. These stations will improve coverage, but none of them are absolutely vital, must have ASAP locations. Which means none of them are a priority and Tesla isn't prioritizing one over another, they are just working them all in parallel and will build each location once all the ducks are in a row for that spot.

No it's not. The turnpike already has sufficient coverage to make travel easy. Canoe Creek would split a supercharger gap that is only 80 miles, that's not a challenging gap for any vehicle in any conditions. These stations will improve coverage, but none of them are absolutely vital, must have ASAP locations. Which means none of them are a priority and Tesla isn't prioritizing one over another, they are just working them all in parallel and will build each location once all the ducks are in a row for that spot.
Incorrect. Coming south on the Turnpike from Gainesville I have to either stop twice to charge or charge to 95% at Turkey Lake Service Plaza. Charging to 95% is slow even on v3. Turkey Lake charger is horribly maintained. At least now there is Winter Garden.

Optimally when traveling you want to arrive at 10-15%, charge to 70%, and go. An 80 mile gap prevents that efficiency and causes longer charging sessions at the chargers on either end of that gap.

Meanwhile, I95 along the east coast of Florida has great coverage where you can pick your sweet spot to charge.

Last edited:
I noticed on the app that the Riviera Beach Wawa charging station seems to only have 1 or 2 spaces available all day even around midnight and often has all stations in use. Are a lot of people getting off of the Turnpike and 95 to use this location or is it just locals charging there.

Looks like superchargers are going up at the outlet mall so that should eliminate some of the. I 95 exiters.

They could use a spot off off Indiantown Rd in Jupiter near where I 95 and the Turnpike are only a mile away from each other.Perhaps in the hotel parking lot near the McDonalds, KFC and Starbucks and across the street from the Aldi Supermarket and other restaurants.

I think we can move the status on this one from ""Permit" to "Construction". This is from the back side. The front area is blocked off and you can't see much. Looks like it still needs the meter and all the finishing work on the actual parking stalls, sidewalk, signage, etc.. Getting close though.

I suspect the Turnpike location in Pompano Beach, FL might also be under construction. I'm passing that way later tonight and might get a chance to stop in and check the progress at that site.

@MarcoRP
Wellington FL SC 1.jpg
Wellington FL SC 2.jpg
Wellington FL SC 3.jpg

I think we can move the status on this one from ""Permit" to "Construction". This is from the back side. The front area is blocked off and you can't see much. Looks like it still needs the meter and all the finishing work on the actual parking stalls, sidewalk, signage, etc.. Getting close though.

I suspect the Turnpike location in Pompano Beach, FL might also be under construction. I'm passing that way later tonight and might get a chance to stop in and check the progress at that site.

@MarcoRP View attachment 693406View attachment 693407View attachment 693408
I was going to swing by there tomorrow and take a look, you saved me a trip!

Reactions: gnxs
Nice to see concentration of SuperChargers in S. Florida. Pompano underway? WPB is close. Ft Drum operational and Ft. Pierce-Pt. St Lucie has 16(?) very close to completion. But then we have the very old, terrible at Power Sharing, V2, 6 stalls at Turkey Lake. Alternative is WaWa V3, 8 stalls on Rt. 50 not bad, have used it a few times.

And then to the north? Nothing until Ocala. That's the big gap that needs SuperChargers. The two northern rest stops on Turnpike need SuperChargers.