Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen the directions recently. The old directions got us there OK, but always wanted a round about route, possibly to avoid a left turn into the hotel. We like to have lunch at Freddy's with hamburgers and custard. A fairly easy walk across the street, with a short dirt path down the hill if you don't want to walk back down the road.
We had to charge again today to get back to Chandler and I did see Freddy’s from the hotel lobby.windows. Thanks.

I charged here yesterday. There were several stalls not working.

What is the best way to report ?
I was there as well and my stall worked fine so didn't try any others. I think I was there about 1:30-2pm ish and was talking with a nice fellow from Iowa. Maybe I just missed you!

As for reporting stalls issues, I'm not sure there is any decent way to do so currently. Supercharger maintenance is definitely not one of this companies strong suits, at least not in North America.

I was there as well and my stall worked fine so didn't try any others. I think I was there about 1:30-2pm ish and was talking with a nice fellow from Iowa. Maybe I just missed you!

As for reporting stalls issues, I'm not sure there is any decent way to do so currently. Supercharger maintenance is definitely not one of this companies strong suits, at least not in North America.

I was there around 9:30am heading back to CA, the vacant stalls were problematic, I was third from the right, 4th did not work, vacant stalls were problematic in this pic.

IMG_2464.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
For the love of God, couldn't the car just tell us which stall to go to?

Tesla knows which ones are down or partially working vs the fully powered ones. Or even to avoid the pairing issue when possible as many new (and some old) owners don't know about... This would solve so much aggravation and enable faster charging.
That'd help so much when you go to the older sites that are 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c. Or worse the sites where they expanded and they have two different numbering layouts.

This is why I really don't like the existing Flagstaff charger... Even moved between A and B stalls, not that busy, I'm not at 80pct yet, have it set to 100pct but stop before that manually... And I'm at 40kW. Often at 57kW even at half charge.

I think this is common here from how long vehicles sit charging.

Is there any way to address this?

It’s been a while since I was there, but it was a problem when I was there as well

Reactions: Sparky1
This is one of the slowest out there.... and not very safe to get to when it is snowing or icy... any idea on when superchargers get upgraded from V2 to V3/V4? We also really need something in Williams as I think Flagstaff to Kingman is one of the longest distances between two superchargers in the US at the moment...

This is one of the slowest out there.... and not very safe to get to when it is snowing or icy... any idea on when superchargers get upgraded from V2 to V3/V4? We also really need something in Williams as I think Flagstaff to Kingman is one of the longest distances between two superchargers in the US at the moment...
While I agree that the old Flagstaff Supercharger Station is not very good in many ways, Tesla fixed the problem by opening a new V3 station just eight miles away. Why not use that one?

As for the distance between Kingman and Flagstaff, i presume that you are referring to routes on Interstate highways. There are many routes in the Four Corners region that are far longer between Supercharger Stations than that one. For example: Farmington to Albuquerque, or Blanding to Flagstaff. On US 160, Alamosa, CO Supercharger Station to Flagstaff, AZ - US 89 Supercharger Station is "only" 453 miles! That highway could use some more Supercharger Stations, in my biased view as a longtime Four Corners resident.