Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20170831_153456.jpg

I was there on 8/31 and they were actively working on it. 8 conduits for stalls were sticking out of the ground. There were crates with equipment on-site. Look like this will be done soon. I have seen all stalls used there at more than one location as was when I was there. Charging was kind of slow (80kW even when I was the last one left). These new stalls should help with the Model 3 coming. Not a huge number of Teslas in Flagstaff but I am sure that is about to change.

On our trip through the SW, we rolled into Flagstaff today for lunch and electrons. The Tesla "Navigator" took us into downtown FS to Humphry and the Marriott Hotel for Superchargers that are not there. Anyone else get directed to this phantom SC? Teslarati finally directed us to the proper location on the south of town just off 40.

On our trip through the SW, we rolled into Flagstaff today for lunch and electrons. The Tesla "Navigator" took us into downtown FS to Humphry and the Marriott Hotel for Superchargers that are not there. Anyone else get directed to this phantom SC? Teslarati finally directed us to the proper location on the south of town just off 40.
Strange, I always use the car's nav to direct me to the charger there. Never had a problem.
Charge rates have been really good at the new stalls with a slow tapering (not the drop to 60kWh after 2 min like in Cordes Junction)

I’m at the Flagstaff Supercharger right now, second time in a week (my first trip through here driving a Tesla). I did not have the car nav experience you describe. The nav got me to within a few hundred feet of the correct location but then wanted me to do a U-turn at the intersection where you turn into the Marriot Courtyard hotel entrance, which would not be the right thing to do. First time I came here I knew that was wrong, I just drove into the hotel parking lot and found the Superchargers in the small lot off the ground floor (hotel entrance is on the 1st floor). I got a room on the ground floor right next to the Superchargers, very convenient! Nice location, and downtown “old” Flagstaff is pretty cool. Recommend the Red Curry Vegan Kitchen! Here’s a link: Welcome

Reactions: rpez021

Been to Flagstaff a ton and use the Nav almost everytime even though I don't need it but never experienced that. I have seen other drivers struggle to find the SCs though as they are a little tricky to find (First Left off the curvy entrance road)...

Nav system says reduced service right now for this supercharger. Anyone k now what means? Headed to flagstaff from Phoenix soon and trying to plan.

If you have access to a ChaDeMo adapter, now might be a good time to have one handy*.

Reduced service can mean anything from 70kW to 36kW or worse.

Recommend you call the Owner Support line and ask for specifics for that location. Sometimes not all of the pedestals are bad.

* strike that - upon further inspection there do not appear to be any ChaDeMo nearby

Last edited:
Owner services said they were closed due to new paving at the hotel, but that two cars were plugged in and stalls 1 and 2 were having issues. I called the hotel and they said they are open and working and not obstructed, so that is good news. They said stalls 3-6 were working fine.

Been to Flagstaff a ton and use the Nav almost everytime even though I don't need it but never experienced that. I have seen other drivers struggle to find the SCs though as they are a little tricky to find (First Left off the curvy entrance road)...

I was at the SC at the Marriott in April, and my navigation system did not direct me to turn into the hotel's driveway which leads to the superchargers. I knew that they were at the Marriott, so I turned into the driveway anyway and was able to find the chargers. Upon leaving the hotel from the driveway, my navigation system gave me incorrect directions to get onto I-40. I talked with a couple of other people whose navigation instructions into and out of the Marriott were also faulty. I called Tesla and told them the problem. I don't know if they have corrected the problem by now.

Not the easiest to find.

I agree. I have been to many, many superchargers and the Flagstaff SC was probably the hardest to find. As mentioned, the nav system does not give clear directions and once you figure out that it's at the Marriott and drive up that narrow, twisty drive, it's not obvious that you have to turn left down to the lower lot before you reach the hotel building.

I was just there this weekend. I had not read this thread before so unfortunately I struggled to find them too. Nav directs you past the entrance to the hotel then says you’ve arrived. I was there alll weekend. Never crowded. But a survey of others who were charging there for the first time all had the same nav problem.

Yes do turn into Marriott driveway. Very steep curves to left. Small driveway to the left before you crest the hill is where the chargers are. If you get to the main entrance of hotel you went too far.

One of the charges was at night. ICEs parked in stalls and even one unplugged MS. It was Turkey weekend and with a fully booked hotel.

Two types of signs.

Attachments

• A94919E5-8C7B-4BEB-B28D-C72EEB8A8F45.jpeg
    A94919E5-8C7B-4BEB-B28D-C72EEB8A8F45.jpeg
    629.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 2D5C3614-2DA4-4283-B3C5-20E8D61D79D5.jpeg
    2D5C3614-2DA4-4283-B3C5-20E8D61D79D5.jpeg
    773.2 KB · Views: 120
I was at the SC at the Marriott in April, and my navigation system did not direct me to turn into the hotel's driveway which leads to the superchargers. I knew that they were at the Marriott, so I turned into the driveway anyway and was able to find the chargers. Upon leaving the hotel from the driveway, my navigation system gave me incorrect directions to get onto I-40. I talked with a couple of other people whose navigation instructions into and out of the Marriott were also faulty. I called Tesla and told them the problem. I don't know if they have corrected the problem by now.
The directions are still screwed up as of yesterday and unlike you I didn’t know where they were. After wandering around the area next door, I assumed they must be at the Marriott on the hill next door. I then wandered around that property before finding them. The good news is they probably get ICEd less often than most — unless the hotel is full — based on their stealthy location halfway up the hill to the hotel.

The bad news is the only attraction within reasonable distance from their side hill location is the hotel. The worse news is the report from a guy who was charging when I arrived that several chargers are broken. Mine worked fine but I wonder if Tesla even knows. I imagine most people just try a different charger.

Haven't seen the directions recently. The old directions got us there OK, but always wanted a round about route, possibly to avoid a left turn into the hotel. We like to have lunch at Freddy's with hamburgers and custard. A fairly easy walk across the street, with a short dirt path down the hill if you don't want to walk back down the road.