Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florence, KY - Houston Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely a little concerned about this. Moved down here from Dublin, OH. The supercharger there (on Sawmill Rd./Meijers) was built out and then sat unpowered for close to 14 months. Not sure if that was a power or legal issue, but either way -- I want Florence lit up. My 6mi/hr on the home outlet drip isn't ideal.
This is concerning. It’s been I believe a year and a half (18 months) since inception when we found out about this site according to the beginning of this thread. This is one of the most painful build outs I’ve seen. What’s it going to take?

Ski

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
Definitely a little concerned about this. Moved down here from Dublin, OH. The supercharger there (on Sawmill Rd./Meijers) was built out and then sat unpowered for close to 14 months. Not sure if that was a power or legal issue, but either way -- I want Florence lit up. My 6mi/hr on the home outlet drip isn't ideal.
At least you get 6. I only get 5!

One note from the pictures. The stalls are not labeled. Once the site has power Tesla will send someone out to certify the site. Typically they will label the stalls and put the final touches on. So even after we get power it could be a week or two before they inspect it and power up for use.

Reactions: cdswm3
Florence KY SC close to opening up. I talked to electrician who installed the chargers and he said the only thing left is getting them connected by Duke. Apparently, Duke has to shut down electric to the whole area to make that happen. He didn't know how long that would take.
PXL_20210423_130204452.PORTRAIT.jpg

Florence KY SC close to opening up. I talked to electrician who installed the chargers and he said the only thing left is getting them connected by Duke. Apparently, Duke has to shut down electric to the whole area to make that happen. He didn't know how long that would take.View attachment 656584
When did you talk to the electrician? There’s a post on this thread from Monday where someone spoke to the utility company and they said there are transformer issues.