Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florence, KY - Houston Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20210501_185542.jpg
20210501_185438.jpg

Took a trip up to the Rock Hall of Fame Friday night and drove back down from Cleveland yesterday. Charged to 95% at the Strongsville, OH Supercharger and then drove non-stop to the new Florence station (around 250 miles). Arrived at 4%. Hooked 'er up and was getting the full 250kW goodness! I was up to 80% in under 25 minutes.

BTW - Still doesn't look like my account got charged for the fill up. Not sure if that will happen once the location becomes live on the map or what. Maybe any charging done before it's live doesn't get assessed?

View attachment 658895View attachment 658896

Took a trip up to the Rock Hall of Fame Friday night and drove back down from Cleveland yesterday. Charged to 95% at the Strongsville, OH Supercharger and then drove non-stop to the new Florence station (around 250 miles). Arrived at 4%. Hooked 'er up and was getting the full 250kW goodness! I was up to 80% in under 25 minutes.

BTW - Still doesn't look like my account got charged for the fill up. Not sure if that will happen once the location becomes live on the map or what. Maybe any charging done before it's live doesn't get assessed?
Awesome! I am curious, were you able to pre-condition your battery before charging? Last I checked on the tesla nav, this station is still showing up as out of service. We charged twice over the weekend and got very slow speeds, which may have been due to higher SoC and cold battery.

Awesome! I am curious, were you able to pre-condition your battery before charging? Last I checked on the tesla nav, this station is still showing up as out of service. We charged twice over the weekend and got very slow speeds, which may have been due to higher SoC and cold battery.
I was not, and to be honest was somewhat concerned about not doing so, but figured that since I was so low and that the battery was most certainly plenty warm from the drive, it would be OK.

The nav did let me set the location as a destination even though it was still showing as offline. I found that if I zoomed in far enough on the map to where I knew the charger was, there was a very faint grey symbol available to click on and set as a destination point.

Reactions: kpgrizz
“Limited Stalls”……Im sure you didn’t check them all but wonder if they all actually ‘work’ and it’s only showing the 3 or ONLY 3 work??

Ski
I didn't check them all when I charged there about 4:30-5:00 pm yesterday (Friday), but I saw at least one car charge at one of the stalls on each of the 3 A-B-C-D sets. No one that came or when while I was there plugged in, didn't work, and had to move around to another spot to get a working stall. I can not comment on whether preconditioning would work; I had already been driving about 500 miles, was my 4th supercharger stop of the day, so I'm sure my battery was well up to temp anyway.
IMG_2193.jpgIMG_2194.jpg

Reactions: Skione65
All the Superchargers at Florence went down while I was there around 1 pm charging. Got about 50 miles and charging stopped. I got out of my car and shortly thereafter so did everyone else. We all kept unplugging and replugging but no luck, no juice. Had plenty to get back to Louisville so I bailed. Anyone local know if they’re back up? Who does the maintenance on that? I know Freyes Electric installed them.

Ski

Last edited:
I was at the Supercharger at 2:00 pm Sunday with low SOC and Supercharger out. Drove over Walmart and used J1772 charger for 45 minutes and back tracked to Marburg Ave Supercharger. Then I headed south again. Super fun with traffic congestion on top of it.