Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florence, KY - Houston Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering if this was an issue with the quality of the install by the contracted electrician or something with the supply to the chargers of the electrical grid. Nevertheless for a semi-new SC these are down way to often. I wonder if there is a remedy to preclude them being down so much.

Ski

? I navigated to the SC. Isn't that how you pre-heat it?
While navigating to the supercharger is how you trigger the automatic preheating, I have found that depending upon the ambient temp and how long the battery was parked (depth of cold soak), and driving conditions, it still can take between 1-2 hours of normal driving prior to reaching the supercharger to achieve maximum charge rates. There is quite a large mass of the battery pack that you are needing to get uniformly warmed up which can take some time.

While navigating to the supercharger is how you trigger the automatic preheating, I have found that depending upon the ambient temp and how long the battery was parked (depth of cold soak), and driving conditions, it still can take between 1-2 hours of normal driving prior to reaching the supercharger to achieve maximum charge rates. There is quite a large mass of the battery pack that you are needing to get uniformly warmed up which can take some time.
Thanks. That helps. The car sat still at the airport for a week before I drove 3 miles to the SC.

The car sat still at the airport for a week before I drove 3 miles to the SC.
This is not even remotely enough time/distance to pre-heat a battery.

I once drove 45 minutes from Park City Utah to the Evanston WY supercharger after parking overnight below freezing. While driving to the charger, temps were around 45 degrees, and my average speed on the interstate was 75-80mph. I still didn't get to optimum temps for supercharging.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I’m wondering if this was an issue with the quality of the install by the contracted electrician or something with the supply to the chargers of the electrical grid. Nevertheless for a semi-new SC these are down way to often. I wonder if there is a remedy to preclude them being down so much.

Ski
Anyone know why this new V3 charger is down so much. Here in the area for Memorial Day weekend. May 30 2022. When it works it’s great. Seems like the surrounding businesses all have power. Very frustrating.

Anyone know why this new V3 charger is down so much. Here in the area for Memorial Day weekend. May 30 2022. When it works it’s great. Seems like the surrounding businesses all have power. Very frustrating.
@RacerX

Is it down today? I do ALOT of CVG with work. Have been off for awhile however starting back up again. This needs to be looked into for the underlying problem/issue.

Ski

The Tesla app shows it is back up with 9 of 12 spaces available. I'm not sure why but this location does get more downtime than usual.
Anyone know why this Supercharger is temporarily closed or down so much. It’s not that old. I think it just opened April 30, 2021. It’s been offline more than 5 times since opening. All of the business in the area are open and have power. Frustrating since it happens when I’m passing thru on my road trip. Any info would be helpful. Usually the Tesla Supercharger network is the most reliable of the EV charging networks around except for this site. Very frustrating.
Anyone know the electric company that feeds it?