Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florence, SC - North Williston Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Permits have been filed to bring a 20-stall Supercharger to the new Buc-ee's in Florence, South Carolina. The permit description says the station will have 4 PSUs (16 stalls) plus 4 additional charge posts, which would just beat out the current Florence Supercharger as the biggest one in the state.

Florence.jpg

When I read that permit it indicates 16 stations, not 20.
4 preassembled supercharger units with 4 chargeposts each

@Chuq @MarcoRP. Please correct the number of stalls to 16.

Florence - N Williston Rd, SC

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Lumberton, NC - 50.5 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Fayetteville, NC - 78.2 miles

More v3 and density for I-95.
With this, I-95 will not have any skip of a Supercharger being over 100 miles until it reaches Maine.

I don't get how people keep skipping the part where the permit mentions 4 additional charge posts. Yes, 4 PSUs = 16, but then they mention another 4 stalls which I presume will go near the entrance or something of the like.

I don't get how people keep skipping the part where the permit mentions 4 additional charge posts. Yes, 4 PSUs = 16, but then they mention another 4 stalls which I presume will go near the entrance or something of the like.
That’s not what it says though

It says 4 pre assembled supercharger units *each with* 1 SC cabinet, 1 600 amp disconnect, and 4 charge posts.

So there are 4 pre assembled slabs with 4 charge posts each for 16 total.

Reactions: jrreno and MarcoRP
I drove over there a few days ago and the Superchargers have not yet been installed. Still planning on May 16th per local news.
I drove past on the interstate two days ago and didn't see any from the highway. I suspect they will be on the south end of the parking lot, not sure. Tried to drive in there a few months ago and it was all roped off so I left well enough alone.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan and kayak1