Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florence, SC - North Williston Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s open. Witness EV early adoption 16 Superchargers vs 150 gas pumps. 😊
I did my first every supercharge there on Sunday after picking up my new M3LR. When I pulled in there was only one Tesla but by the time I left Buc-ee's at least 10 others had charged.

20220619_180147~2.jpg

Best late night stop when heading from
Orlando to NJ. Every other stop I made on this trip didn’t have an easily accessible bathroom. A little confusing to get to off the exit and seems I have to loop around the property wasting some time but great amenities at this location.

Reactions: jsight
On leaving Myrtle Beach going to Charlotte, it told me to charge at MB and not at Buc-ees. I manually tried to select Buc-ees but all supercharges were down on 9/5 from midday still down when I got there at about 5pm. Wonder how often that happens, and have not checked today if they working yet. (Still shows out of order on 9/6)

Last edited:
Reactions: SCTes1aMan
On leaving Myrtle Beach going to Charlotte, it told me to charge at MB and not at Buc-ees. I manually tried to select Buc-ees but all supercharges were down on 9/5 from midday still down when I got there at about 5pm. Wonder how often that happens, and have not checked today if they working yet. (Still shows out of order on 9/6)
This is probably a dumb question but did you confirm that they're actually down? I've only charged there twice but I've been there 5-6 times and they are always up. I can't imagine what would take them offline that long.

Weather/storms impacting Power?

This is probably a dumb question but did you confirm that they're actually down? I've only charged there twice but I've been there 5-6 times and they are always up. I can't imagine what would take them offline that long.
I saw one other Model S there but not plugged in. I did check and there was no power. Other than putting myrtle beach back in my car and looking at the superchargers, I have no other way to check. This is also the first time I have encountered a whole supercharger site being down.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Following because I’m traveling to Murrells Inlet, SC to see my Meemaw in October. One of my planned stops is definitely Buc-ee’s! I hope it’s back up and running by then. And I hope the Coastal Grand Mall SC is running or I’ll be driving my ICE and I really don’t want to 😆

Following because I’m traveling to Murrells Inlet, SC to see my Meemaw in October. One of my planned stops is definitely Buc-ee’s! I hope it’s back up and running by then. And I hope the Coastal Grand Mall SC is running or I’ll be driving my ICE and I really don’t want to 😆
Coastal's SC is up but it has been very busy lately. BTW, if you didn't see the earlier thread, we're getting a new SC in 2023 in North Myrtle Beach.

Coastal's SC is up but it has been very busy lately. BTW, if you didn't see the earlier thread, we're getting a new SC in 2023 in North Myrtle Beach.
I can’t believe it’s been busy! My son was there in June and there was no one there and my Meemaw usually let’s me know how many are charging. Maybe now that tourist season is over and kiddos are back in school, it won’t be so bad in October. I think she has an outside outlet at her house, I can use the mobile charger if needed.
That’s exciting that Tesla sees the need for another SC in that area 😊

I can’t believe it’s been busy! My son was there in June and there was no one there and my Meemaw usually let’s me know how many are charging. Maybe now that tourist season is over and kiddos are back in school, it won’t be so bad in October. I think she has an outside outlet at her house, I can use the mobile charger if needed.
That’s exciting that Tesla sees the need for another SC in that area 😊
Although I've only owned my car for three months I've been watching the Myrtle SC for years and it's rarely busy but lately, that's changed and oddly it should be slower here now with the exception of Labor Day weekend. I have to admit I was wrong when I said they wouldn't add a second SC in this area for 3-4 more years and out of nowhere they announced one is coming in 2023 for NMB. I'm trying to get the details on where but even my contacts at the local power company say they don't have the location yet. I'm guessing the Myrtle Beach Mall, which is technically a couple of miles south of North Myrtle Beach. The mall is dead but they have a Bass Pro, Chick-fil-A, Hooters and most importantly a large substation behind the mall.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
no, this is unusual. bad timing too since im traveling tomorrow and had that as a key stop.

Q: i presume the mall is still operating?
I also think this is unusual. 2 teslas since '19 with many long trips > 10 hours and I have never encountered many individual pedestals not working. Maybe 3 that I can remember. Never seen a whole site go offline. I cannot imagine what it must be like for non-teslas on a long trip. I would say tesla navigation did a great job of warning me MANY times that I was going to a station that was down. I wanted to go to buc-ees so I just added the down supercharger to my nav.

Although I've only owned my car for three months I've been watching the Myrtle SC for years and it's rarely busy but lately, that's changed and oddly it should be slower here now with the exception of Labor Day weekend. I have to admit I was wrong when I said they wouldn't add a second SC in this area for 3-4 more years and out of nowhere they announced one is coming in 2023 for NMB. I'm trying to get the details on where but even my contacts at the local power company say they don't have the location yet. I'm guessing the Myrtle Beach Mall, which is technically a couple of miles south of North Myrtle Beach. The mall is dead but they have a Bass Pro, Chick-fil-A, Hooters and most importantly a large substation behind the mall.
Yes, Myrtle Beach Mall is definitely dead, it’s a shame. Barefoot Landing would be a good location.
Haha, Hooters I can’t believe they are still open. We used to have quite a few here in NY but they have all been closed for years.
We need a SC here where I live, it’s a good hour between the 2. I charge at home 90% of the time. If we are road tripping or decide to take a day trip, we use the SC. Between the Model Y and 3, I try to keep one of them at atleast 60%.
I can’t wait to finally do a long trip with one of them next month. 😊

I also think this is unusual. 2 teslas since '19 with many long trips > 10 hours and I have never encountered many individual pedestals not working. Maybe 3 that I can remember. Never seen a whole site go offline. I cannot imagine what it must be like for non-teslas on a long trip. I would say tesla navigation did a great job of warning me MANY times that I was going to a station that was down. I wanted to go to buc-ees so I just added the down supercharger to my nav.
Althiugh infrequent, sites do go down due to storms, power company issues, Tesla equipment. Yulee was down a few months ago during my trip from NC to FL.

This is a new site so being down is quite unusual. Years ago (2016-8 or so), you could call Tesla to get reports on sites and individual pedestal readiness but it’s not possible these days.