Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florence, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waiting for this one! I guess they completely bypassed announcing the permit & construction phases.
They don't announce those. Forum members just discover them and report. In this case, no one noticed it was under construction. I guess there are many Tesla owners in the area. Then again I drove right by this spot about a month ago and didn't notice anything myself. It was after dark and I wasn't exactly looking though.

Why would they want to do that? The area is now well covered. There are many other areas that need coverage. There isn't any dire need for expansion in that area
I would much rather have a new location at Charleston than shuffling the existing ones around by 20 miles. If Tesla were to add another in the middle of the state, my preference would be on I-26, halfway between I-20 and I-95.

Why would they want to do that? The area is now well covered. There are many other areas that need coverage. There isn't any dire need for expansion in that area

I've charged at Santee numerous times.

It is a very small site with limited expandability but yet since Sav to Florence is 173 miles/ approx. 220 range miles then needs to stay operational until/if they identify a bigger intermediate site.

I do like Clark's burgers though & Cracker Barrel is not far too.

Florence doesn't help me on my trips but I'm glad to see such a mega site be built.

So... um... back to the Florence Supercharger...
Can we get just one pic?

Picture borrowed from Kacey Green on Facebook (and above here on this thread as well):

FlorenceSCSC.jpg