Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Folsom, CA - Palladio Parkway (LIVE 11 Aug 2016, 10 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you please post the address, or description of the location, of these new chargers? I am not clear on where they are located, and am trying to understand how close they are to the current chargers which Tesla shows as at "220 Iron Point Rd, Folsom, CA 95630". Thanks.
Use Supercharge.info it shows the cone now for the Folsom II site and just zoom in and possibly go into satellite mode to get a better idea the distance.

I'm passing through here next week. It would be perfect if they were operational by then, but I'm guessing with the holiday weekend I'm going to be out of luck.
You have two things that plays in your favor:
1. You're in a BEV so fireworks setting your car ablaze is unlikely.
2. The next exit eastbound is El Dorado Hills and there is a no fireworks ordinance.

So I stopped by again to check on it's progress and they finally have the last two stalls completed. In addition, all the charging cables are in the stalls. I believe they're all 30 minutes general parking signs with the last one designated handicap. The yellow paper sign has some towing information so people don't park in there during construction.
IMG_20160712_150019.jpg
IMG_20160712_150031.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
It's interesting how they are doubling up supercharger stations on I-80 (2 in Roseville/Rocklin and 2 in Truckee). This seems like a good idea to reduce congestion. Now we need our navi to show us the stalls in-use so we can choose the open location. In contrast, the I-5 North corridor is a bit sparse with only four stalls in both Mt. Shasta and Grant's Pass... waiting is common at these locations. Time to double-up on I-5?

5 round trips through both those chargers in the last year and I've never seen more than one other car at either location much less having to wait.

Mt Shasta SC was full both times I went through with some drivers waiting 15-30 min. for a slot. For some reason charging was quite slow as well.... down to 80 miles/hr Maybe it's just a summer thing, but it is hard to imagine how the main north-south West Coast transportation route can be adequately served by just 4 slots per location. Also consider that by the December 2016 there will be almost twice as many Teslas on the road than December 2015.

5 round trips through both those chargers in the last year and I've never seen more than one other car at either location much less having to wait.

I arrived in Grants Pass on a Saturday around 5:30PM in early August last year. I aced out someone who was 30 seconds behind me to take the last spot. The person behind me had to wait 20 minutes until someone moved. When I departed around 6:15, there were two vehicles charging including me.

I arrived at Mt. Shasta on a Monday afternoon in early May this year around 12:30. All four spots were taken. When I pulled up, a diner sitting outside flagged me down and said that she had enough charge, and she promptly moved her car so I could charge. Ten minutes later another driver arrived and had to wait. By 1:30 (I needed a range charge) my car was the only one left.

While I defer to your more frequent travels and experiences, my opinion is that a lot of the congestion has to do with the time of day. Grants Pass is about 250 miles from Portland. Mt. Shasta City is 220 miles from Sac. I think it is reasonable to assume that travelers depart within narrow times in the morning and arrive within narrow times in the evenings or nights. And charging being one of those activities where we like to kill the two birds with the one proverbial stone, we will see more congestion at sites that have decent dining facilities during popular meal times.

I arrived in Grants Pass on a Saturday around 5:30PM in early August last year. I aced out someone who was 30 seconds behind me to take the last spot. The person behind me had to wait 20 minutes until someone moved. When I departed around 6:15, there were two vehicles charging including me.

I arrived at Mt. Shasta on a Monday afternoon in early May this year around 12:30. All four spots were taken. When I pulled up, a diner sitting outside flagged me down and said that she had enough charge, and she promptly moved her car so I could charge. Ten minutes later another driver arrived and had to wait. By 1:30 (I needed a range charge) my car was the only one left.

While I defer to your more frequent travels and experiences, my opinion is that a lot of the congestion has to do with the time of day. Grants Pass is about 250 miles from Portland. Mt. Shasta City is 220 miles from Sac. I think it is reasonable to assume that travelers depart within narrow times in the morning and arrive within narrow times in the evenings or nights. And charging being one of those activities where we like to kill the two birds with the one proverbial stone, we will see more congestion at sites that have decent dining facilities during popular meal times.

Not to mention that the Mt. Shasta SC is, arguably, in the most beautiful location of any supercharger. Amazing views of Mt. Shasta and a nice little mountain creek just behind the SC to take a nap or have lunch. Also, there is an awesome natural food store a short walk away with an delicious deli... yum! ;)

Reactions: Tree95
Not to mention that the Mt. Shasta SC is, arguably, in the most beautiful location of any supercharger. Amazing views of Mt. Shasta and a nice little mountain creek just behind the SC to take a nap or have lunch. Also, there is an awesome natural food store a short walk away with an delicious deli... yum! ;)

Only slightly off topic... (Please forgive my sarcasm).

• Funny
Reactions: EV-lutioin
Not to mention that the Mt. Shasta SC is, arguably, in the most beautiful location of any supercharger.
Of the 95 superchargers I've been to, this is definitely my favorite. There are picnic tables on both sides of the Best Western.

I've been there 7-8 times in the last year and never had to wait. yet. But, Califorinia is becoming less and less fun for traveling as the number of Tesla vehicles increases, and the supercharger load increases. On my last trip fom the Sacramento area to the south part of the Santa Clara valley, I drove my ICe because I didnt have time to spend waiting for chargers on a Sunday. Vacaville, Dublin, Factory are all slammed on weekends, and I needed one of them.

I stopped by the Folsom Palladio parking structure last night, and all the superchargers seem ready to go. I'm guessing that all they need to do is get the okay from the city, or the power company. I'm not sure how long that will take. Interesting that the Tesla supercharger map doesn't even show the coming soon marker. I always wonder why some locations get that, and others do not.

Reactions: TMobe
I stopped by the Folsom Palladio parking structure last night, and all the superchargers seem ready to go. I'm guessing that all they need to do is get the okay from the city, or the power company. I'm not sure how long that will take. Interesting that the Tesla supercharger map doesn't even show the coming soon marker. I always wonder why some locations get that, and others do not.
That IS a mystery. I sometimes think their construction schedule gets ahead of whoever is supposed to maintain their website map. Could be a variation of the old sales vs. engineering thing, as seen in "Dilbert".... and real life.