Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Folsom, CA - Palladio Parkway (LIVE 11 Aug 2016, 10 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Tesla tried to sneak this one by me! Not on my watch!

Looks like a 10 stall back in with great shops and food choices.

Wow that was seriously fast. I heard a rumor there was going to be a second location in Folsom. And I was just in that parking garage not too long ago. I suppose that it can go that quick if everything is in order at the location.

Wow. That's seriously close to the others. I wonder if they lost their lease on the outlet ones? There were often cars filling up the lot and blocking traffic while waiting for a stall to open. Wouldn't surprise me if people complained they were a nuisance.

I'm thinking with the future addition to Placerville, that these 10 will replace the original 4 at Folsom Outlets and not be an addition. We'll see. Nice to see the growth one way or the other.
Anyone know what happens to old SC that isn't used? Do they rip them out? Seems wasteful if that's the case. Tesla can still continue to pay for electricity but not lease? Would be to outlet's advantage to leave it as is.

Anyone know what happens to old SC that isn't used? Do they rip them out? Seems wasteful if that's the case. Tesla can still continue to pay for electricity but not lease? Would be to outlet's advantage to leave it as is.

Here on the east coast, the Newark DE supercharger was originally installed with 4 stalls. This spring, they added 12 stalls in a different part of the parking lot and decommissioned (ripped out) the original 4, leaving just the new 12.
At another site, the Bethesda MD supercharger, has been labeled as "temporary" since its one stall installation. A sign posted on the charger recently informed users that it is scheduled to be removed at the end of June. There is a new supercharger in Laurel MD that in theory replaces it though it's not in the same neighborhood.

In these two instances the old chargers either were or were scheduled to be removed. If these new chargers are close to the old ones, I'd bet the old ones disappear. Otherwise, it could be a coin toss.

My two cents: When I got my car serviced at Rocklin a couple years ago, the service manager informed me about the impending Supercharger at the Rocklin store and Service Center. He said that the Roseville Supercharger was temporary and would be removed once Rocklin was up and running.

Clearly, Roseville is still operating. From anecdotes it is also very popular. Maybe Tesla has decided to keep Roseville for the foreseeable future due to its popularity.

Folsom could be on a 5-year lease. (Just a spitball here.) Tesla may see how the utilization is between the two locations to determine whether to renew or to vacate.

Clearly, if a SC is ultimately located at Placerville, one would think that Folsom with only four stalls would be decommissioned.

I am too lazy to check, but I believe that Folsom was opened sometime in 2013, so Tesla has two more years on this putative 5-year lease.

That is enough time to evaluate whether Folsom is needed or not going forward.

Can you please post the address, or description of the location, of these new chargers? I am not clear on where they are located, and am trying to understand how close they are to the current chargers which Tesla shows as at "220 Iron Point Rd, Folsom, CA 95630". Thanks.
These are around the 2500 block of Iron Point Rd. So just down the road less than 5 miles East. Take Bidwell exit vs Folsom exit off of US 50.