TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Folsom Palladio Parkway (Went LIVE 08-12-2016)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by AGM, Jun 24, 2016.

1. AGM

AGM Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Tesla tried to sneak this one by me! Not on my watch!

Looks like a 10 stall back in with great shops and food choices.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 3
  2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

3. AGM

AGM Member

I'm on it.

4. silvers

silvers Member

Wow that was seriously fast. I heard a rumor there was going to be a second location in Folsom. And I was just in that parking garage not too long ago. I suppose that it can go that quick if everything is in order at the location.

5. rcsting

rcsting Member

Thats great news!! I'll have to stop by to check progress.

6. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

4 stalls in Folsom Outlets was pathetic. Didn't think new one would be 10 stalls. I'd just assume they expand on original Folsom location. Good find.

7. mpmeyer

mpmeyer Member

Cool, Latrobe Rd. to Kirkwood.

Now, need one in Jackson, or Martell by Ridge Rd.

8. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Wow. That's seriously close to the others. I wonder if they lost their lease on the outlet ones? There were often cars filling up the lot and blocking traffic while waiting for a stall to open. Wouldn't surprise me if people complained they were a nuisance.

9. golfnut

golfnut Member

I'm thinking with the future addition to Placerville, that these 10 will replace the original 4 at Folsom Outlets and not be an addition. We'll see. Nice to see the growth one way or the other.

10. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

Anyone know what happens to old SC that isn't used? Do they rip them out? Seems wasteful if that's the case. Tesla can still continue to pay for electricity but not lease? Would be to outlet's advantage to leave it as is.

11. tgvfan

tgvfan New Member

12. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

#12 jeffro01, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
    (This post was merged by the forum moderator into this tread from another thread)

Just saw this cone pop up on supercharger.info... Anyone have any info on it? Says it's under construction...

Jeff

13. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Excited about this one. But we really need one in South Lake Tahoe.

- K

14. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

Here on the east coast, the Newark DE supercharger was originally installed with 4 stalls. This spring, they added 12 stalls in a different part of the parking lot and decommissioned (ripped out) the original 4, leaving just the new 12.
    At another site, the Bethesda MD supercharger, has been labeled as "temporary" since its one stall installation. A sign posted on the charger recently informed users that it is scheduled to be removed at the end of June. There is a new supercharger in Laurel MD that in theory replaces it though it's not in the same neighborhood.

In these two instances the old chargers either were or were scheduled to be removed. If these new chargers are close to the old ones, I'd bet the old ones disappear. Otherwise, it could be a coin toss.

15. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

The chargers that were removed, were they the older style ones? The current Folsom one is the new type so that may come into play.

16. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

Both were early installations so yes, they were the older styles.

17. cpa

cpa Member

My two cents: When I got my car serviced at Rocklin a couple years ago, the service manager informed me about the impending Supercharger at the Rocklin store and Service Center. He said that the Roseville Supercharger was temporary and would be removed once Rocklin was up and running.

Clearly, Roseville is still operating. From anecdotes it is also very popular. Maybe Tesla has decided to keep Roseville for the foreseeable future due to its popularity.

Folsom could be on a 5-year lease. (Just a spitball here.) Tesla may see how the utilization is between the two locations to determine whether to renew or to vacate.

Clearly, if a SC is ultimately located at Placerville, one would think that Folsom with only four stalls would be decommissioned.

I am too lazy to check, but I believe that Folsom was opened sometime in 2013, so Tesla has two more years on this putative 5-year lease.

That is enough time to evaluate whether Folsom is needed or not going forward.

18. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Can you please post the address, or description of the location, of these new chargers? I am not clear on where they are located, and am trying to understand how close they are to the current chargers which Tesla shows as at "220 Iron Point Rd, Folsom, CA 95630". Thanks.

19. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Thanks!!!... Can't believe I missed this thread to begin with... Oops... :)

Jeff

20. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

These are around the 2500 block of Iron Point Rd. So just down the road less than 5 miles East. Take Bidwell exit vs Folsom exit off of US 50.