Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Folsom, CA - Palladio Parkway (LIVE 11 Aug 2016, 10 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@xkwizit, were you having problems with it ramping up yesterday on the stall you charged from? I was there today to try it out. There were already 3 Model S and 1 Model X. I parked in the stall next to the one you occupied. After about 25min I was still getting about 18MPH charge and by then the person next to my was gone. So I tried the charging stall you used and had the same issue. So I moved over to 2A next to the Model X that had been there the whole time I figure they were charged by then and sure enough that one ramped up right away.

I called Tesla to let them know I was having problems with stalls 1A and 1B. So went over to PinkBerry while I was waiting for it to charge. When I got back, someone was in the stall I originally occupied and I asked them if they were charging slow since there was no occupant in 1A. The guy said it was very slow and I let him know I was having the same issue and suggested he move to another stall. Just before I left, another Model S parked in 1A and I let him know there's probably an issue with 1A and 1B. He thanked me and I went on my way.

@xkwizit, were you having problems with it ramping up yesterday on the stall you charged from? I was there today to try it out. There were already 3 Model S and 1 Model X. I parked in the stall next to the one you occupied. After about 25min I was still getting about 18MPH charge and by then the person next to my was gone. So I tried the charging stall you used and had the same issue. So I moved over to 2A next to the Model X that had been there the whole time I figure they were charged by then and sure enough that one ramped up right away.

I called Tesla to let them know I was having problems with stalls 1A and 1B. So went over to PinkBerry while I was waiting for it to charge. When I got back, someone was in the stall I originally occupied and I asked them if they were charging slow since there was no occupant in 1A. The guy said it was very slow and I let him know I was having the same issue and suggested he move to another stall. Just before I left, another Model S parked in 1A and I let him know there's probably an issue with 1A and 1B. He thanked me and I went on my way.
I did notice slower charge but since my battery was already at 160miles I attributed to that. Plus I stayed for less than 10min wasn't really interested in charging the car there since I have HPWC at home.

Well here's the state of stalls 5A and 5B. With stalls 1A and 1B being limited to essentially a L2 charger, that makes it 6 stall SC at this point. My call to Tesla supposedly will alert someone to take a look at stalls 1A and 1B. Also I noticed that right side stalls have general parking 30 minutes on it while on the left side it doesn't say that. I suppose that means it would be acceptable to ICE those stalls?

IMG_20160812_140631.jpg

Also I noticed that right side stalls have general parking 30 minutes on it while on the left side it doesn't say that. I suppose that means it would be acceptable to ICE those stalls?
Yes that is what it means, but only for 30 minutes. Of course it is difficult to enforce that limitation. But many Supercharger locations have some stalls marked in that way. Tesla is not always able to negotiate a lease for the spaces without some restrictions being imposed by the lessor.

Well here's the state of stalls 5A and 5B. With stalls 1A and 1B being limited to essentially a L2 charger, that makes it 6 stall SC at this point. My call to Tesla supposedly will alert someone to take a look at stalls 1A and 1B. Also I noticed that right side stalls have general parking 30 minutes on it while on the left side it doesn't say that. I suppose that means it would be acceptable to ICE those stalls?

View attachment 189889
That evening when I went all of them were open and the Tesla engineers were testing the last stall. I guess something must have gone wrong later for 5A/B to go down.

I don't know if Tesla ever fixed 1A or 1B, but I just tried both and could only get 20kW on each, and the charging connector got so hot I almost couldn't remove it. I've never experienced that. I reported it to supercharger support, so hopefully they get those chargers fixed at some point.

Happily charging at 112kW on 3A now.

I don't know if Tesla ever fixed 1A or 1B, but I just tried both and could only get 20kW on each, and the charging connector got so hot I almost couldn't remove it. I've never experienced that. I reported it to supercharger support, so hopefully they get those chargers fixed at some point.

Happily charging at 112kW on 3A now.
That's disappointing since I reported this over a month ago. The last time I was there, there were at most two other Teslas there. They also have the last two stalls available.

I much prefer the outlets ones. Simple pull in pull out. No pillars to impale my car on and I am out in the environment instead of in some concrete cave.:(

Having said that I almost never use them anymore since I have my home charger. Pretty much only if I am really low on charge (like coming back from a big trip) and have nothing else to do but sit at a supercharger.

I'm back at this supercharger again, and again they are having issues. I'm on 5A and the kW is jumping repeatedly between 24 kW and 52 kW at a 10-30% charge. 30 minutes just got me 47 miles.

I called supercharger support and they reported ongoing issues with the utility that's severely limiting power....since early August. Ugh.

This Supercharger shows as "Temporary Closure" in my car nav right now. I am not at the Supercharger, so I have no other information as to why it is closed.
Odd. I was on my way back from the bay area and it showed Manteca was temporarily down. I called Tesla to confirm and they did verify that it was down but had no other information since I had asked if the SC had been vandalized. I made it back home with 8mi to spare.

. I was on my way back from the bay area and it showed Manteca was temporarily down. I called Tesla to confirm and they did verify that it was down but had no other information since I had asked if the SC had been vandalized
Thanks for your report. I think it is very reasonable to call Tesla to confirm what is shown for Supercharger status in the nav display. Unfortunately, the people who answer the phone are unlikely to offer much in the way of an explanation as to they the Supercharger is less than fully operational, though they might say something useful.

Thanks for your report. I think it is very reasonable to call Tesla to confirm what is shown for Supercharger status in the nav display. Unfortunately, the people who answer the phone are unlikely to offer much in the way of an explanation as to they the Supercharger is less than fully operational, though they might say something useful.
The person just referred me to Plugshare and possible charging places on the way home. I'm fortunate to have charged nearly to 100% that day.

Might be going to Tahoe this weekend, anyone know if this one is still down? This was the big station, the other Folsom location only has 4 stalls and people say that it's frequently full and people are MIA out eating or shopping.

I stopped at 3 SuperChargers today: Folsom, Manteca, and Dublin.

At Folsom and Manteca, each started slow, so I switched to another, and then they started fast. Dublin started medium speed then went to pretty full speed quickly.

It seems like switching chargers when the first one tried is slow is a good idea. It also seems that the plugs of the slow ones get hot.