Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fond Du Lac, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new Supercharger is coming soon to Fondy!!

Tesla recently filed a zoning variance in order to install 12 Superchargers and 4 L2s on the north end of the Target parking lot at 485 Rolling Meadows.

Fond du Lac.jpg

Attachments

• Fond du Lac (site plan only).pdf
    312.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Fond du Lac (without SP).pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 160
If anyone is traveling in this area, please stop by this location and check for any signs of activity here such as flagging, dirt work, materials on site, etc. It will be getting 3 PSU's. Hardware installation should go fairly quick once they start.

Anyone have idea how long that Target has had those containers out there? Several of the Targets around Madison have had those containers since early May and are clearing them up in the last couple weeks that the store renovations are nearly complete. If the containers and store reno are newly started, it's possible it could be a full 6 months or even a bit more from that start date.

Anyone have idea how long that Target has had those containers out there? Several of the Targets around Madison have had those containers since early May and are clearing them up in the last couple weeks that the store renovations are nearly complete. If the containers and store reno are newly started, it's possible it could be a full 6 months or even a bit more from that start date.
Looks like Tesla.com/findus updated their target opening for this charger- Q2 2023

Any updates on this one? I travel through Fond du Lac a decent amount and would love this as a stop closer to Menomonee Falls than Oshkosh!

Target finally cleaned up all the shipping containers that they used for storage during their remodel. The containers were where the Supercharge is going, so nothing could happen until then. That doesn't mean any will happen now, but it's one less thing in the way.

Don't hold your breathe. Sites here in WI have had odd delays outside of the Madison area for whatever reason. Hopefully WE Energies doesn't supply power here as they seem terrible with their end (transformer + meter + final hook up...)

It's Alliant Energy, but considering they changed their CCS/CHAdeMO charger that's kitty-corner across the highway to "employee only" when no employees have electric cars, I don't know how cooperative they'll be. At least they're close.

It's Alliant Energy, but considering they changed their CCS/CHAdeMO charger that's kitty-corner across the highway to "employee only" when no employees have electric cars, I don't know how cooperative they'll be. At least they're close.
I would think commissioning a super charger installation is just fulfilling another customer request like anything else; it has nothing to do with "being cooperative with EVs". Which seems to be the discrepancy with We Energies, because they seem to always take forever for completing these requests.

I remember getting the solar panels on my house commissioned by We Energies. And it took them 3 weeks just to come out and do the 10 minutes of work of validating the install and popping in the meter.

ah, if it's Alliant it may be quicker. One here in Fitchburg, WI (suburb of Madison). A Supercharger just went up in ~1 month, and that's Alliant Energy (I'm right down the street from it.)

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian