Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone mentioned a Supercharger location being planned or rumored in the Falcon Ridge Town Center at the intersection of Beech Ave and Summit Ave. I was driving by today, wondering where they might install it, and looks like they've already made a LOT of progress. The chargers are the newer design charging "monuments", maybe someone else knows what kind of power profile they will deliver? Anyway, this looks like a LOT of progress. I counted 23 charging stalls, but it might have been more on the east end, as construction looked in progress. Also, on the west end of the row, perhaps there's a nose in charging stall, so I didn't see the stall because it was behind the transformers?

Pics attached. Really exciting, and it's a great location for people making the LA to Vegas drive/commute. Off the I-15, it's practically right there.

Attachments

• IMG_20180413_173957.jpg
    IMG_20180413_173957.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_20180413_174020.jpg
    IMG_20180413_174020.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 462
The chargers are the newer design charging "monuments"

@BlueShift (Sc.info owner) alert!

Falcon Ridge Town Center
15234 Summit Ave, Fontana, CA 92336
About 23 Tesla Urban Chargers
Status: Looks like almost done: Pedestals are done, Chargers/Transformers onsite but need wirings?

@williamd314 Great find! You must be the first who found the location.

Thanks for sharing!

These are Tesla Urban Chargers providing dedicated 72 kilowatts each (unlike Superchargers that are paired and not dedicated).

I notice your pictures have Wells Fargo Bank and Del Taco in the background but I can't figure out which parking lot are these at?

1) Wells Fargo Parking lot?
2) Del Taco Parking Lot?
3) Target Parking Lot?
4) CVS Parking Lot?
5) Summit Optometric Center/24 Hour Fitness Parking Lot?
6) Chase Bank Parking Lot?

o1kGpML.jpg

@BlueShift (Sc.info owner) alert!

Falcon Ridge Town Center
15234 Summit Ave, Fontana, CA 92336
About 23 Tesla Urban Chargers
Status: Looks like almost done: Pedestals are done, Chargers/Transformers onsite but need wirings?

@williamd314 Great find! You must be the first who found the location.

Thanks for sharing!

These are Tesla Urban Chargers providing dedicated 72 kilowatts each (unlike Superchargers that are paired and not dedicated).

I notice your pictures have Wells Fargo Bank and Del Taco in the background but I can't figure out which parking lot are these at?

1) Wells Fargo Parking lot?
2) Del Taco Parking Lot?
3) Target Parking Lot?
4) CVS Parking Lot?
5) Summit Optometric Center/24 Hour Fitness Parking Lot?
6) Chase Bank Parking Lot?

o1kGpML.jpg
Given the pictures, I would say in the target parking lot on the side closest to falcon ridge dr. I can confirm this based on street view :
Google Maps

Reactions: Tam
I shop at that shopping center 2 or 3 times a week... never noticed the construction. LOL. The CVS parking lot is usually empty so it is a good use of space I think. Close walk to Starbucks, 5-guys, Hawaii fast food, China One (pretty good chinese fast food). Across the street you get Bank of America, ColdStone, Roundtable, Wendy's, Subways, etc..

So close to home that I will never use it, but it is nice to have if I forgot to plug it in overnight to charge on a trip... can just hop over to do a quick 30 min juice up and eat breakfast at Panera Bread!

BTW, that Chevron across the street is where my wife and I gas up before the MX. Now only I gas up there and she had not touched a gas pump since 2017. :p I did take her MX there a few times... used their free air pump to pump up the tires... if you need air in you tires for your trip to Vegas.. that station's air pump is free (not coin op). ;)

Also I saw this on Nextdoor app and someone talked to a Tesla tech on site there. He said the charging stations are for all EV cars not just Tesla. Not sure how that works.

Last edited:
He said the charging stations are for all EV cars not just Tesla. Not sure how that works.

At the Rancho Cucamonga supercharger location, there are 2-3 EV charging spots for non-Tesla drivers. I wonder if the agreement with parking lot owners in that area are to install non-Tesla chargers along side the Tesla chargers so it's not entirely exclusive? Also helps support Tesla's mission to push the migration to EV's, no matter what maker you drive.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
I wonder what makes Tesla decide between the classic and the urban style chargers. Would it be expected frequency of use? Having the new urban style makes sense if there is a lot of congestion, as everyone gets a decent charge. OTOH, the classic style would be better in less congested areas, allowing people to get a more rapid charge if not paired.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Someone mentioned a Supercharger location being planned or rumored in the Falcon Ridge Town Center at the intersection of Beech Ave and Summit Ave. I was driving by today, wondering where they might install it, and looks like they've already made a LOT of progress. The chargers are the newer design charging "monuments", maybe someone else knows what kind of power profile they will deliver? Anyway, this looks like a LOT of progress. I counted 23 charging stalls, but it might have been more on the east end, as construction looked in progress. Also, on the west end of the row, perhaps there's a nose in charging stall, so I didn't see the stall because it was behind the transformers?

Pics attached. Really exciting, and it's a great location for people making the LA to Vegas drive/commute. Off the I-15, it's practically right there.
Wow! This is like Christmas! I am floored! Thank you and Thank you Tesla!!