Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Forks, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BerTX

Supporting Member
May 2, 2014
Texas/Washington
We circumnavigated the Olympic Peninsula this week and stopped and searched for Supercharger construction activity.

We did not find any. Most likely spot to me seems to be Forks Outfitters/Thriftway/Ace Hardware, next door to Pacific Pizza.

There are no chain hotels or motels there. It's possible they will put it at an independent hotel, but I don't recall a history of that happening. Short of that, a gas station or city building would be about the only likely sites.

I could also see this being built at the transit center in Forks - lots of room in the parking lot there. Another possibility is the visitor center, but that's a bit far to walk to get to everything else (though that hasn't always stopped Tesla from building in inconvenient locations...).

Reactions: BerTX
Went through Forks today. They are repaving a large section of the parking lot in front of the Forks mall next to Pacific Pizza, but I saw no indication of Tesla Supercharger activity.

Thankfully there are now destination chargers at the Quileute River Resort in La Push. Staying here tonight - awesome place. Didn't expect it to be this great honestly, lol. Highly recommended.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
Two new EX charging L&I permits for the Forks area. Neither are likely to be a Supercharger, but could still be helpful.

The first is at Kalaloch Lodge, which will be wonderful. Likely just an L2 charger or two, and no mention as to whether they are Tesla D/Cs or not.

The second is located in Forks, but at a very confusing location. It is described as at the Forks Lodge, which I can't find. The address is 551 S Forks Ave, which looks like the Forks Transit Center. The description is "Olympic National Park Electrical Vehicle charging station; altering service feeder & circuits".

I'm guessing they mean the Forks Motel, which is at *351* S Forks Avenue. Not sure what it has to do with Olympic NP.

These are both being done by Seahurst Electric, which I guess must be a Tesla recommended company, judging by the number of EVSEs they install, and I see that one of the locations was a Tesla employee I know.

A any rate, looks like some charging stations will be installed in the area soon, and some is better than none!

Last edited:
Kalaloch is a cool spot but it isn't exactly close to Forks. In any case, it helps. However, one well-placed supercharger (in Forks obv) would help out this area so much!
Right, I just thought these were interesting, given the relative charging desert of the western Olympic Peninsula. I'd rather stop for a nice leisurely lunch at Kalaloch Lodge and pick up 35 miles of range insurance, rather than my usual nice leisurely lunch at Kalaloch Lodge and the car getting nothing. One could also stay at the cabins there and get a nice charge for exploring around the area. I would imagine one could find a 120v outlet at the cabin, but this will be much better.

Likely the Forks charging location mentioned in the permit will not be available to the general public, but to hotel guests only.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
I called Kalaloch Lodge and asked about charging options multiple times. I would call every few weeks and play dumb. When they said they didn't really have any charging options, I would talk about how much more popular EVs are becoming, how many places are developing appropriate accommodations, etc. Maybe after enough annoyance they finally conceded lol.

I'm going to be driving through Forks next week and will report anything useful I see. I imagine the chargers will be at the transit center but would much prefer the "Forks Mall" area for L2 or Superchargers.

I called Kalaloch Lodge and asked about charging options multiple times. I would call every few weeks and play dumb. When they said they didn't really have any charging options, I would talk about how much more popular EVs are becoming, how many places are developing appropriate accommodations, etc. Maybe after enough annoyance they finally conceded lol.

I'm going to be driving through Forks next week and will report anything useful I see. I imagine the chargers will be at the transit center but would much prefer the "Forks Mall" area for L2 or Superchargers.

Hey, stop off at City Hall and ask what they know. It's a small town and the word travels thru the office. Maybe you can find out the location and the completion ETA.

Reactions: Mattzilla
We searched Forks this afternoon for any sign of EV charger construction activity. We paid especially close attention to Forks Mall, Transit Center, Forks Motel, and the Visitor's Center. Nothing. We asked staff in the Visitor's Center if they had heard anything. They heard that there will be chargers at Thriftway or the Transit Center eventually but they didn't know dates or anything specific.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV