Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Forks, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a trip, last Sunday, from my place to Aberdeen (least favorite SC location I have been to), Forks, Sequim and Kingston and caught the ferry to Edmonds then back home. The grocery store next to the pizza place might have a deli.
You're right. I did see a grocery store somewhat further away but did not investigate. But it obviously would be open given that it's a grocery store.

I visited the Forks, WA Supercharger on Saturday, August 2, 2020. I started with the drive in charger and worked my way toward HW 101. It appears that only the 4 chargers nearest HW 101 are working. I tried 3 before going to the one closest to HW 101, which worked. I suppose maintenance is infrequent at such a remote location, but if the whole station goes down, it would be a potential disaster for those of us circumnavigating the Olympics in a Tesla.

Did a drive around the peninsula today and those four charger are still down. I hadn’t looked at this thread before my trip so when I tried two chargers before I figured out only 4 were showing as available on the navigation page, I started to panic. My car said I’d have 0% arriving at Sequim - I started to prepare myself for a painfully slow drive or to pull out the PlugShare app for other options.

The best way to check on charger status is to tap on the pin on the in-car navigation. It shows how many stalls are available. I see 4 out of 8 are working.

Next, check Plugshare. The last check-in 3 days ago mentioned that 4 stalls are out of order.
2DE16E60-ED7F-4D30-8CAB-4FADD83861D8.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: ijoe13 and CarlS
Wow! Just two days ago I absolutely nailed that prediction in the other magic dock thread. I absolutely cannot believe my eyes! This is a huge enabler for one of the most common road trips in the Seattle area.

The next v3 location that Tesla really trounces the CSS network is out in Forks. That location can get busy on travel days, but it's the only level 3 charger of any kind on the 163 mile drive from Port Angeles EA charger to the Aberdeen RAN or EA charger. Add in a trip to any two common destinations like Hoh rainforest, Rialto beach, Cape Flattery, etc. and you're closer to 250 miles between level 3 charges.