Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Forks, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traveled through Forks again today and did a thorough search (Thriftway, Dew Drop Inn, Visitor's Center, etc). No Supercharger activity. I asked staff at the Dew Drop Inn and the Forks Visitor's Center and no one had heard much.

However, I did take some pictures of a good spot directly behind the office of the Dew Drop Inn. A staff member thought that this is where they would put any Superchargers if they were to be installed.

Currently, there is a 30 amp plug there attached to the office building that you can charge on with an adapter and a standard NEMA 14-50 one parking space to the east (the two parking spaces on the right in the picture that are labeled "Reserved"). The area only has 7 parking spaces, or 5 if you don't count the two with pre-existing plugs mentioned above.

20190309_153406.jpg
20190309_153321.jpg
20190309_153304.jpg

I traveled through Forks again today and did a thorough search (Thriftway, Dew Drop Inn, Visitor's Center, etc). No Supercharger activity. I asked staff at the Dew Drop Inn and the Forks Visitor's Center and no one had heard much.

However, I did take some pictures of a good spot directly behind the office of the Dew Drop Inn. A staff member thought that this is where they would put any Superchargers if they were to be installed.

Currently, there is a 30 amp plug there attached to the office building that you can charge on with an adapter and a standard NEMA 14-50 one parking space to the east (the two parking spaces on the right in the picture that are labeled "Reserved"). The area only has 7 parking spaces, or 5 if you don't count the two with pre-existing plugs mentioned above.

View attachment 384656 View attachment 384658 View attachment 384659

Correction, the second charging space is a NEMA 14-30, not a 14-50.

It does look like a lot like a sidewalk being added (then again a concrete curb would be necessary for a supercharger there as well. But I'm not sure why they would need to trench across the street for just a sidewalk either.

Not sure why a Supercharger would need to trench down the road between the laundromat and the Dew Drop Inn... all of the power is overhead.

That being said, the electrical line on google maps leading to that corner on the Inn side looks like a secondary, low-voltage 240v line.
The laundromat side though does have high voltage power lines and an underground service drop conduit already. A supercharger at the site I think would require either a high voltage pole across the street or a buried high voltage line under the street so that doesn't seem unnecessary to me.

The real question though would be why would they be crossing at the intersection and inconveniencing the laundromat at all when they could cross right at the pole and trench along the supercharger side. Not to mention there is no evidence of a dig between the intersection and the utility pole. I would think it would be pointless to trench along the laundromat marking lot to the intersection. (If it was a power line).

upload_2019-3-30_21-51-51.png

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
What we could be seeing is the town upgrading its sidewalks and curbs in this are in preparation for a Supercharger install, making it safer and more pedestrian friendly. This square parking lot in front of the Dew Drop Inn looks good for a 4 stall v3 Supercharger.

I think the large gravel parking lot at the Mocha Motion would be the best place, given its location closer to the center of town. All speculation at this point.

Last edited: