Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Forks, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will there be any early indications if this is a V3 site or a V2? I’m still very skeptical that this site will be V3... it just seems so odd compared to Spokane or North Bend being V3 and we haven’t heard any rumbling about those sites being the next gen stations...

Forks, WA is V2, Spokane, WA is V2, and North Bend, WA is V2. I would expect that as with Auburn and Blaine, WA locations these sites will take months to complete given their recent history of posts shortages.

Looking to travel out to Forks next week, any updates on the installation of the chargers? I know it's optimistic but would love to use them while I'm out there!

Also any clue where we can look up the permit for updates? I checked Clallam county but couldn't find the permit there

Reactions: BerTX
You ca
Looking to travel out to Forks next week, any updates on the installation of the chargers? I know it's optimistic but would love to use them while I'm out there!

Also any clue where we can look up the permit for updates? I checked Clallam county but couldn't find the permit there
You can likely find the electrical permit in the Washington L&I database.

Be aware that 101 near Lake Crescent is scheduled to be closed for 4-hour periods starting October 7.

• Informative
Reactions: TreborThickweb
Will there be any early indications if this is a V3 site or a V2? I’m still very skeptical that this site will be V3... it just seems so odd compared to Spokane or North Bend being V3 and we haven’t heard any rumbling about those sites being the next gen stations...

Actually this was slated to be a V3 site per the NW Supercharger site manager I spoke with about 6 months ago. We shall see if this holds true. I also have heard that soon they will stop repairing the oldest v2 sites and replacing them with v3 hardware when they become degraded, so good news there. Supposedly they are ramping v3 hardware production in GF2 now, so once that isn't a bottleneck we should see more sites.

Actually this was slated to be a V3 site per the NW Supercharger site manager I spoke with about 6 months ago. We shall see if this holds true. I also have heard that soon they will stop repairing the oldest v2 sites and replacing them with v3 hardware when they become degraded, so good news there. Supposedly they are ramping v3 hardware production in GF2 now, so once that isn't a bottleneck we should see more sites.

Possibly not... if it’s a cable or pedestal problem, they may just leave it non-working until another goes down, or three or four at large sites. THEN go out and overhaul the supercharger to V3...

Pics taken on November 3, 2019. Close to road, in front of Dew Drop Inn on the south end of town, as you already know.

Attachments

• 020005A3-F7C0-4F1E-8400-717A0675F9D5.jpeg
    020005A3-F7C0-4F1E-8400-717A0675F9D5.jpeg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 9AB89F23-9AD7-42FD-918F-3EE2518E3ED3.jpeg
    9AB89F23-9AD7-42FD-918F-3EE2518E3ED3.jpeg
    721.8 KB · Views: 157
Trying to be uplifting here, but it's hard to find much progress between that 28 Nov photo and the 3 Nov one, other than that the barrier posts no longer are erect.

I called Dew Drop Inn today to learn if they had any insight...it wasn't great. "Apparently not for a couple of months" is the gist of the response I got, "But we have an EV charger here". I was promised a call back specifying the size of that charger but it hasn't happened yet.